Any insight in Dallas backlog?

Feeders101

They where doing preload at 11 pm. Loading up the package cars and pulling them outside and jezz I think we rented U-Hauls entire fleet, they pulled those into the building and loaded them up. Package worked today in Dallas, should be cleaned up. The outlying hubs are next. We'll get ur done.

Monday, we had over 300 night loads sitting at various rail yards. No way we could process that at Dallas. They put them back on the train to Chicago and ran them through Cache as dedicated loads. Then shipped them back to us and contractors pulled them to their finally destination. I'm laid off Tuesday, so I know feeders in caught up. Oklahoma City just got hit by another nasty ice storm over the weekend and I know they are hurting. Not to mention the east coast. I had two people on this thread looking for packages that sent me messages in my inbox. They got their packages Thursday and Thanked me. But it was all of us. We did good. IMO! Merry Christmas to all my Brothers and Sisters!

island1fox

Would go in a heartbeat.
Have relatives in Dallas that I haven't seen in a while.
Besides, it would be nice to put the shorts on again for a few days!

bottom,

I believe that is an excellent suggestion. Retired drivers looking to make a few bucks at peak season to professionally help.
Leave Mgmt in the jobs they know how to do --such as a BD guy who never drove but knows how to sell ---and let the retired driver with a wealth of experience do the delivering.
A side note --volunteer retired drivers -rather than just forcing mgnt people to go ---many will not fly home till after Christmas.

I am sure there are retirees that may have lost family over the years --that would gladly work --and do a better job !!!

upscat

Ground's growth frightens you. That's understandable. The regionals will soon be large enough to start undercutting UPS and taking even more volume. Ground has the ability to cut costs more than UPS to compete with the regionals. FedEx Ground is faster than UPS ground.

Your drivers get paid more. That's about the only thing you're winning at. Let's watch the pay and benefits continue to dissipate with every negotiation until the union is broken. Congratulations.

This is why these fdx monkeys should not be on this ups site. I come here to unwind not read a bunch of fdx BS

oldngray

nowhere special
I would be concerned about retirees screwing up their pension since they can't do any work in the trucking industry that would be taking work away from active union employees.

island1fox

Old,

This would only be in dire emergencies ---such as Dallas --Where MANAGEMENT is doing the work.

I am sure the TEAMSTERS with rising costs every year for retirees could figure out an EXEMPTION.

island1fox

old,

We agree on many things. This is not one of them. A bad plan is a bad plan . An Ice Storm or any act of God ---can easily over-ride the best of plans. I was hourly and Management for a very long time ---I would be proud to be on-car with you --and I would safely say as retirees ---we would make a hell of an impact !!!

STFXG

This is why these fdx monkeys should not be on this ups site. I come here to unwind not read a bunch of fdx BS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1387824617.807231.jpg

Old,

This would only be in dire emergencies ---such as Dallas --Where MANAGEMENT is doing the work.

I am sure the TEAMSTERS with rising costs every year for retirees could figure out an EXEMPTION.

They tried bringing back retired feeder drivers this year. It never happened for two reasons. One as mentioned was it would temporarily stop their pension. Two was that they were only offered something in the $22 dollar range for wages.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
They tried bringing back retired feeder drivers this year. It never happened for two reasons. One as mentioned was it would temporarily stop their pension. Two was that they were only offered something in the $22 dollar range for wages.

One of my old supes seriously asked me if I would come back and help. I told him that UPS couldn't afford me.

pretender

I would do it for $22 if my pension was not suspended.