Any lay off's where you are at

airbusfxr

10% of the Aircraft mechanics have been layed off, and it looks like 10% of the pilots will be run off soon. Luckily no aircraft maint or pilots sups and managers have been layed off.

bluehdmc

We've had a couple of drivers (feeder, NJ district "north") laid off for about a month although there were no layoffs this week. Haven't seen the schedule yet for next week suspect there might be, there were a lot of vacations this week, not a lot in the near future.

over9five

Staff member
Hey Krash, where ya been? Why's TNet down?

We had a bunch of Feeders back in Package (about 9), but they all came back in the bid thanks to several bidding out.

bluehdmc

19 Metro Jersey (North) laid off next week. Most going into hub a couple going to displace in Meadowlands and Edison.

UPSGUY72

I'm the only person laid off in my area. With the bid I got bump to a different center so hopefully I'll be back working soon. The only thing that going suck is that I use to drive 2 miles to work now it's going to be 50 + each way.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Most of our lower seniority Feeder drivers have been bumped back down to Package. They were told it will be Summer before any are called back.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Don't know about feeders as that is in a different building but I do know that we have had pkg drivers laid off for most of the last year.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm the only person laid off in my area. With the bid I got bump to a different center so hopefully I'll be back working soon. The only thing that going suck is that I use to drive 2 miles to work now it's going to be 50 + each way.

Feel your pain. My commute is 49 miles one-way in Atlanta traffic. I got it all figured out though - go in early and leave late.:knockedout:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I got stuck in the zebra traffic jam on I-75/85 the other night. I didn't see it though. Ringling Brothers is in town and one escaped.

705red

Browncafe Steward
We have had lay offs since last march on and off. And again they started 1/4/10, I find it funny that they where laying people off while still using seasonal helpers/drivers and sups to work. Its all been grieved and every lay off that has been deadlocked has an arbitration date set starting at the end of March. We have around 300 22.3s off right now and about 40 jobs not filled according to the contract and untop of it forcing them to work hard/hard.

U

upsman39

Layoffs & Reduction of staff ( Return Clerks ) At 43rd St Building NYC
They have started laying off clerks at 43rd st. These clerks are all full time 804 members and are being sent to the preload with only 4 1/2 Hrs work. no more 8 hrs !!! How can they just make a full timer part time ? These clerks have between 15 and 20 yrs seniorty:angry:

randomUPSISer

Layoffs & Reduction of staff ( Return Clerks ) At 43rd St Building NYC
They have started laying off clerks at 43rd st. These clerks are all full time 804 members and are being sent to the preload with only 4 1/2 Hrs work. no more 8 hrs !!! How can they just make a full timer part time ? These clerks have between 15 and 20 yrs seniorty:angry:

Would you prefer they just lay them off completely? If the work isnt there... the work isnt there.