Any motorcyclists out there?

barnyard

KTM rider
Yesterday, I picked up a 2006 KTM 640 Adventure. It was 25 degrees, so I did not ride it all day, but the 3 miles I did ride were fun, fun, fun. This could turn out to be my favorite motorcycle.

On Friday, I bought a used Corbin backseat for my 2008 R1200RT. I bought that in January in Chicago and it is in my sister's garage until the weather warms enough to bring it home. We ended up talking to the guy that had the seat for an hour or so. He rides with a group that goes out to eat on Thursday nights during the season. My wife is hella excited to put those rides on our schedule.

Turns out we ride with many of the same people and it is kind of surprising that we had never met. I have been thinking about a trials bike and he is getting one and setting up a trials course in his yard. I almost bought a trials bike last fall. Riding a trials bike is a fantastic work out and makes a person a much better all around rider.

Today, I am rolling my Buell into the sunlight for some good photos for a craigslist ad. Need to clean up the daughter's 200XCW also and do up an ad. No more single track for us, just 2 tracks and unimproved gravel roads.

barnyard

KTM rider
A friend of mine just rebuilt and synched the carbs on his Eddie Lawson replica. Seeing that bike and hearing it run gives me a chub.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
A friend of mine just rebuilt and synched the carbs on his Eddie Lawson replica. Seeing that bike and hearing it run gives me a chub.

Yeah, nothing like an ELR with a good tune and a Kerker pipe. Closest I had to that was a GPz750 with a Yosh and the "closed course" baffle.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Actually not as uncomfortable to ride as you'd think. I do have another seat with padding, but never needed it. Ya charging system sux. I had a friend clean that up this winter so it shouldn't be anymore problem.
The 850 is a fun light little bike to buzz around on. More noise than go though.
The 1100, hold on for your life. 30 year old bike with almost 90 hp stock. That's a fun bike to ride!
I put the brigstones on both bikes. Huge difference having a good tire.
I lucked out that after buying these bikes, previous owners put progressive springs in them.
Handle great for antiques.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Actually not as uncomfortable to ride as you'd think. I do have another seat with padding, but never needed it. Ya charging system sux. I had a friend clean that up this winter so it shouldn't be anymore problem.
The 850 is a fun light little bike to buzz around on. More noise than go though.
The 1100, hold on for your life. 30 year old bike with almost 90 hp stock. That's a fun bike to ride!
I put the brigstones on both bikes. Huge difference having a good tire.
I lucked out that after buying these bikes, previous owners put progressive springs in them.
Handle great for antiques.

Got progressive springs in front and shocks in the rear in my old GS plus some preload spacers inside the tubes. Big help reducing dive. Had it dynoed without any jetting along with a Jardine 4in1. 50 hp. Like my ZRX best in the power department. I've made some mods. Ivan's jet kit, full Muzzy, modified airbox. Next step is ZX11 cams. Got about 111 at the wheel and lots of torque. Power wheelies in first and second unless traction is bad.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Yesterday, I picked up a 2006 KTM 640 Adventure. It was 25 degrees, so I did not ride it all day, but the 3 miles I did ride were fun, fun, fun. This could turn out to be my favorite motorcycle.

On Friday, I bought a used Corbin backseat for my 2008 R1200RT. I bought that in January in Chicago and it is in my sister's garage until the weather warms enough to bring it home. We ended up talking to the guy that had the seat for an hour or so. He rides with a group that goes out to eat on Thursday nights during the season. My wife is hella excited to put those rides on our schedule.

Turns out we ride with many of the same people and it is kind of surprising that we had never met. I have been thinking about a trials bike and he is getting one and setting up a trials course in his yard. I almost bought a trials bike last fall. Riding a trials bike is a fantastic work out and makes a person a much better all around rider.

Today, I am rolling my Buell into the sunlight for some good photos for a craigslist ad. Need to clean up the daughter's 200XCW also and do up an ad. No more single track for us, just 2 tracks and unimproved gravel roads.

I think it was sometime in December, you had posted you just bought the BMW. I like those too & happen to see a couple of those out already. Pretty hardy New England riders!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Those cams will make a huge difference. Guy that's doing my carbs now, has a spotless kz1000.
Did his own machine work & cams. Rwhp over 150.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Those cams will make a huge difference. Guy that's doing my carbs now, has a spotless kz1000.
Did his own machine work & cams. Rwhp over 150.

Nice. Or if I have 5K burning a hole in my pocket it will be a Muzzy turbo kit. There's youtube video with one guy starting up for the first time just like mine.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Friend builds some incredible customs. This one still in his test frame, & working through some computer issues.
300 rwhp.
image.jpg

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Nice. Or if I have 5K burning a hole in my pocket it will be a Muzzy turbo kit. There's youtube video with one guy starting up for the first time just like mine.
I love the idea of the turbo kit, the next money I put out on a bike will be for a much newer one.
I need something more comfortable for riding with mrs bs. I've got my eye on a 2007 road king that's at a local shop.
Put a lot of miles on a friends street glide, wife got spoiled with that. Never had a hd but I really liked that one.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Parts start falling off Harley's at the speeds I like to go. Went to Laguna Seca with some friends in 05. One had a Buell X-1 Lightning. It was puking and burning oil the whole way. Went through about 5 quarts in 2200 miles. They don'tlike sustained high speeds.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Parts start falling off Harley's at the speeds I like to go. Went to Laguna Seca with some friends in 05. One had a Buell X-1 Lightning. It was puking and burning oil the whole way. Went through about 5 quarts in 2200 miles. They don'tlike sustained high speeds.
Ya I hear that, but I need something a lot more comfortable. Road king I want is in great shape & affordable.
I've thought about a victory too. Anything has to be more comfortable than my 30 year old rice burners.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Yes. He swapped it out for a second one. Same issue.
Idk if the alarm circuit is in the brain.
I think I overheard one of the guys working on it say maybe that's causing it to cut out

Could be. A tech2 could probably detect the issue if it has the proper downloads.