ANY new info on 710 contract?

That is true for us as well. But it's coming one way or another. If it comes now or in 3 months what's the difference?

Sent telepathiclly of course..
Damn you make a lot of sen
Bo

You'd lose that bet. The word I have heard is we could be could be getting TeamCare before our contract is even ratified. There is nothing to hold out for in healthcare. UPS is not and will not pay on two separate policies because 710 doesn't want TeamCare.
so in your opinion what's holding it up?

710 steward

Your guess is as good as mine on take two of the 710 agreement. Our leadership has said zero about any negotiations and have been tight lipped about everything. The membership is upset with the contract and even more upset with the 710 leadership. I'm not sure what it's going to take to get a contract passed.

jpf75

I heard last night that it was the unions idea to take over the health care not company!! I think its time for ups to get out of the teamsters and start up our own union!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I heard last night that it was the unions idea to take over the health care not company!! I think its time for ups to get out of the teamsters and start up our own union!!!

The Union wanted the healthcare as it can be a money maker for them (and us). Our Teamster healthcare plan has an 18 month surplus.

710 steward

While it may feel this way to you right now, I think you underestimate the power of strength in numbers. There are thousands of Teamsters other than just UPS Teamsters. What we need is new leadership and a more modern blueprint of where we need to be as a union.

Inthegame

By paying less in claims and administrative costs than the company pays in contributions.

The math is simple----if UPS pays me $2 and I am able to get the job done for $1 I pocket the other $1.
OK UPS pays the H&W plan $2 and they play the claim of $1. How does the "union" get the other $1?

Inthegame

The Union wanted the healthcare as it can be a money maker for them (and us). Our Teamster healthcare plan has an 18 month surplus.

The H&W plan is controlled by the union. Yes, the money cannot be used for other union needs (pension), but it also does not have to be given back to the company.
The union can't use H&W money to buy a light bulb. Your statement (bolded above) was inaccurate.

Foamer Pyle

While it may feel this way to you right now, I think you underestimate the power of strength in numbers. There are thousands of Teamsters other than just UPS Teamsters. What we need is new leadership and a more modern blueprint of where we need to be as a union.
The teamsters are not strong anymore, and their pensions are broke. One thing the Republicans have done successfully is change public opinion regarding Unions. Let's face it, the auto industry and the airlines were both ruined by the unions. That's what happens when employees believe that just because the company is making money they should keep getting more and more. That mentality is just as bad as Corporate greed.

Sent using BrownCafe App

710 steward

The teamsters are not strong anymore, and their pensions are broke. One thing the Republicans have done successfully is change public opinion regarding Unions. Let's face it, the auto industry and the airlines were both ruined by the unions. That's what happens when employees believe that just because the company is making money they should keep getting more and more. That mentality is just as bad as Corporate greed.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Unions as a whole are weaker because there are less union members now than there were 30 years ago. Not all of that is the unions fault. Automation has its role in it as well.

Poor management by corporations kill corporations. Sure blame the guy who is struggling to stay middle class while the CEO and the CFO make a thousand times more in compensation. Republicans didn't hurt the unions, the unions have hurt themselves too. Poorly run pensions systems and entitlement money have put a black eye on them as well. Unions will make a comeback in this country at some point. Don't believe me? The average worker makes less per hour and works more hours every single year. Maybe rethink your thoughts if you choose to post blanket statements.