ANY new info on 710 contract?

Foamer Pyle

Unions as a whole are weaker because there are less union members now than there were 30 years ago. Not all of that is the unions fault. Automation has its role in it as well.

Poor management by corporations kill corporations. Sure blame the guy who is struggling to stay middle class while the CEO and the CFO make a thousand times more in compensation. Republicans didn't hurt the unions, the unions have hurt themselves too. Poorly run pensions systems and entitlement money have put a black eye on them as well. Unions will make a comeback in this country at some point. Don't believe me? The average worker makes less per hour and works more hours every single year. Maybe rethink your thoughts if you choose to post blanket statements.
I hope you are correct about unions making a come back, I believe it will be a long fought road though. I believe the Republicans hurt the publics perception of unions. When is the last time you heard a Republican or Conservative say anything good about Unions in the media? All they ever say is that unions kill jobs and organizations. Tell the public that for 30 years, and people start to believe it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

scisector9

Anyone hear any news? I was intrigued when I saw the 710 SUV at my center this week but just grievance hearings.

Crickets

Sent using BrownCafe App

710 steward

Anyone hear any news? I was intrigued when I saw the 710 SUV at my center this week but just grievance hearings.

Crickets

Sent using BrownCafe App

Talked with a BA this week. No new talks scheduled but believes we have something in June. You tell me because I have no idea how we get a "new" contract proposal when there are no new talks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Talked with a BA this week. No new talks scheduled but believes we have something in June. You tell me because I have no idea how we get a "new" contract proposal when there are no new talks.
From what I'm hearing it won't be much of a new offer.

Ups is basically saying if its good enough for the rest of the country it's good enough for you. Take it or walk.

710 steward

You guys have the best pension on the country, that being said don't let flynn slide in all loopholes that hall did

Sent using BrownCafe App

We pay over $400 weekly into the fund. A 25 year pension pays out $2800 monthly before taxes. The pension is bordering on awful. If a member works 30 years they get $3300 monthly. That's about 50% of what they'd get if they stayed working. Flynn has done a miserable job with the fund. It hasn't had a raise in 17 years. The fund itself may be in the "green" but it's going nowhere and there isn't a raise coming anytime in the near future. Flynn has stated that repeatedly but the good news is everyone working pays more into it every year so it works out for 710. It just doesn't for its members.

710 steward

Just got the annual report in the mail. 710 is 82.25% funded. That is down from 2011 when it was 83.66% funded but up from 2012 when it was 81.24%. We have slightly over 2 billion in assets and just under 2.5 billion in liabilities. The plan is receiving and additional $26 dollars per employee per week with every that passes bye. If this is the best then we better start manning the life boats because the ship is sinking.

710 steward

From what I'm hearing it won't be much of a new offer.

Ups is basically saying if its good enough for the rest of the country it's good enough for you. Take it or walk.

That is the reason I wish we were all under the National agreement. With 710 and 705's votes that contract fails with flying colors.

slantnosechevy

That is the reason I wish we were all under the National agreement. With 710 and 705's votes that contract fails with flying colors.

Every time I think you've posted the dumbest comment, you continuously come up with yet another post that tops your last. You need to take a withdrawal card and find new employment in a local under the National agreement. Your naïve and ignorant comments are an embarrassment to 710. I feel bad for the people in your building who ask you the simplest of questions.