Any news on the 2010 MIP ?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Just wondering if there was any good news on the horizon ? As there is little daily good news....

You get to go to work every day. That would be good news to alot of people. What descision have you recently made that warrants an MIP award? All my mgmnt does is blindly follow orders and look at computer printouts without asking why. I do that without the benefit of free stock.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You get to go to work every day. That would be good news to alot of people. What descision have you recently made that warrants an MIP award? All my mgmnt does is blindly follow orders and look at computer printouts without asking why. I do that without the benefit of free stock.

You shouldn't be awarded simply for putting on a tie. To the bosses defense, they aren't allowed to make any meaningful descisions. There's probably alot of good ideas and improvements in the minds of management people. Too bad they aren't allowed to express them.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You shouldn't be awarded simply for putting on a tie. To the bosses defense, they aren't allowed to make any meaningful descisions. There's probably alot of good ideas and improvements in the minds of management people. Too bad they aren't allowed to express them.

It is not really a bonus just for being in management ... it is part of their compensation.
When people are interviewed for management positions, 30 years ago and even currently, the MIP is presented as part of the management person's compensation.
During a management person's annual review of their compensation, the MIP is presented as 2 times their monthly salary (for a 1-unit person) and is part of the Annual Salary Review.

So while your expression represents a biased view from outside the domain, it is based on an incorrect assumption of the nature of the MIP.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
One of my Supes says he wasn't awarded an MIP this year. If the DM can decide not to give it out then it sounds like a bonus to me.

sosocal

There will be alot of dissappointment and feeling of betrayal if it is anything less than 2.5 after what management at the ground level has endured this year - I'm not saying it wasn't needed or strategic - I am saying if there is not a feeling of being part of the reward for the sacrifice - things will not be good. I do think the company will come through this year with an MIP that is appropriate and reminds management why they chose this career.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
So a front line mgr gets an MIP award for cutting routes and burying drivers because he is harrased to to so by his superiors. BooHoo. It rolls down hill. It doesn't seem to be landing on the supe.

sosocal

okay---and back to the original intent of the post - ANY NEWS ON THE 2010 MIP? - In the last 4 years I have heard it here first 50 percent of the time----

pretzel_man

okay---and back to the original intent of the post - ANY NEWS ON THE 2010 MIP? - In the last 4 years I have heard it here first 50 percent of the time----

They are currently finalizing the participants for 2010. This is supposed to be finished at the end of the month.

The MIP factor will be announced on October 21st.

P-Man

sosocal

...in that case i will be looking for P-man to be unofficially announcing the factor somewhere around Oct 14th.....anything posted here before and / or by others is pure speculation and conjecture.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
...in that case i will be looking for P-man to be unofficially announcing the factor somewhere around Oct 14th.....anything posted here before and / or by others is pure speculation and conjecture.

Anything posted anywhere is pure speculation until it is announced. The factor used to based on a known mathematical formula. If you had the right info (profit, management salary expense, number of participants, etc), it could be calculated.

It's entirely up to the board to establish the factor now.