Any Nissan Leaf owners? "on topic"

HereWeGoAgain

I'd test drive both djkre8r leaf has a sticker of 30 grand volt base model is 36, but when you lease you don't get the 7500 credit. The lease company receives the credit which is why your payment can be so low. The major con of the leaf is it can't be took on trips unless you want to stop every hour an charge it for 8-12 hours on a 110, 4-6 hours on a 220. The volt can be driven on a electric charge about 40-45 miles then kicks over to gas if needed.which is a major plus if you take trips. The electric range changes vastly in the winter, which you want to take into account if you live in the northern part of the country.
I just had a friend lease a Nissan Leaf. After looking at the savings it looks like a good deal. My question is about charging it while at work. Did I read somewhere that GA Power was working with companies like UPS and others to install charging stations for employees who decide to go green? If so, this would save even more money. Charge it at work instead of at home! I commute about 25-30 miles round trip each day. At 85 miles per charge - I could save a lot on gas each year.

Z

ZQXC

Mods are selective because they have the ability to think.
This thread is not "just" about the Leaf.
Please form your own site and then you can define Mod and owner roles and decision guidelines.
Thanks for your input though ... I needed a laugh.

Any Nissan Leaf owners?

......next time you need a laugh, look in the mirror

Future

Victory Ride
hybrid_monster_truck.jpg
Here we have it .....the best of both worlds(totally on topic...i am proud of myself)

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
We considered leasing a Leaf last year. With nothing down, the monthly payment - including tax - was less than $200 for 24 months / 24,000 miles (this was the maximum time for this price). The first month's payment was "free," there were no deal fees (e.g. no "document" fee, etc.) but there was a $400 disposition fee.

Georgia offers a $5000 tax credit that only the lessee (not the lessor) can claim. Thus, in GA, there are many people who leased the Leaf for nothing out of their pockets.

One thing to consider: you need a 240V outlet / charger in order for the Leaf to be viable -- it takes all day (literally... 24 hours) for a full charge on 120V. Most communities require these to be installed by a licensed contractor, so expect to pay $1500-$3000 for the charger + installation (will vary based upon your location & type of charger selected). Some grants exist (depending on where you live) that will cover some or all of these charges.

Also note that many local utilities offer a separate rate package for charging stations connected to their own meters. With my local utility, if you charge your car off-peak (between 8PM-8AM Monday-Thursday, and from 8PM Friday until 8AM Monday), it estimates the Leaf at $1.50 per charge.

Ultimately, we decided not to go with an electric car due to the harsh winters here.

I'd test drive both djkre8r leaf has a sticker of 30 grand volt base model is 36, but when you lease you don't get the 7500 credit. The lease company receives the credit which is why your payment can be so low. The major con of the leaf is it can't be took on trips unless you want to stop every hour an charge it for 8-12 hours on a 110, 4-6 hours on a 220. The volt can be driven on a electric charge about 40-45 miles then kicks over to gas if needed.which is a major plus if you take trips. The electric range changes vastly in the winter, which you want to take into account if you live in the northern part of the country.