Any of you Ground/HD guys seen a pretty significant bump in volume?

HomeDelivery

It's on the way.... I saw a prototype a couple of months ago.

pic was found by me a few months ago in the following thread:

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f50/fedex-ground-drop-boxes-346295/index2.html

i was wondering what happened with that experiment

---------------------------

back on topic:

fraggin 1.5 hour unpaid trip to the service area ~

relatively light day (so it seemed, but i was near a salty body of water with re-construction going on to get the towns back to service before the summer season hits)

when i went in early to load/ micro-sort my parcels into the package car, i found out that i had 2 evening appointment deliveries ~ fawwwwwwwwwwwk!!!!!!!!!! I could have stayed home & come in 2 hours later!

so i delivered those 2 within the 5PM-8PM deadlines & just drove 2 unpaid hours directly to my home... (I would have gone back to the terminal, but w/ this division, you have that option). took my unregulated breaks in between some stops so i can stay at the service area until 7PM.

as a swing, i'll have a different area to cover manana <shrugs> it was just one of those days where it didn't go smoothly.

PS: Maine, i'm glad you have a decent contractor

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Since September, Milwaukee Ground has shared the Express boxes. My contractor has us covering about 60 of them all in his work areas.

MaineGroundDriver

Since September, Milwaukee Ground has shared the Express boxes. My contractor has us covering about 60 of them all in his work areas.

Wonder how this works .. seems as though a contractor grabbing boxes out of a drop box could provide for a integrity issue .. could scan the pickups as seperate unlisted pickups as nobody would know where they came from??

STFXG

Wonder how this works .. seems as though a contractor grabbing boxes out of a drop box could provide for a integrity issue .. could scan the pickups as seperate unlisted pickups as nobody would know where they came from??

The same as most drop spots or prps... The system can be cheated by dishonest people. And the ones stealing from the company will get weeded out.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I would think most dropbox duty is by drivers and not contractors. Although I know what you refer to..at 18:00 I am not going to be bothered with that.