Any One Else at Home Sick?

ladybrown

I also had the day off today. I took the day to make sure that my cover driver gets some hours. He knows 16 runs and we have all been trying to make sure that this kid works as he does a good job on whatever run he is on.

Hey Upstate, thanks to guys like you, I am still working at least four days a week! Alot of the higher seniority drivers are taking a day off during the week, which allows me to get in some hours. I really do appreciate it! Im the lowest seniority driver working right now, I have my claws dug in and Im hanging on! LOL

backinbrown

respect my authority
Hey Upstate, thanks to guys like you, I am still working at least four days a week! Alot of the higher seniority drivers are taking a day off during the week, which allows me to get in some hours. I really do appreciate it! Im the lowest seniority driver working right now, I have my claws dug in and Im hanging on! LOL

hang in there ladybrown:sad-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Been sick here. Nasty. Told my sup thurs nite (1/29) that I was calling in sick. Was out 1/30, 2/2, 2/3. Went to work 2/4. BIG MISTAKE! Called in 2/5 and 2/6. Took off 2/9 for doctors appt. Bronchitis. Was going to take 2/10 if I had the option but my steward stabbed me in the back. :angry:

ladybrown

hang in there ladybrown:sad-very:

Im hanging in there! We are a pretty close knit center, we all look out for eachother. It's really nice, we have a great supe too. Im one of the fortunate ones though, there are quite a few under me that havent worked since peak! I'll take what I can get for now, each route pays the same, and pays the bills!

ladybrown

Been sick here. Nasty. Told my sup thurs nite (1/29) that I was calling in sick. Was out 1/30, 2/2, 2/3. Went to work 2/4. BIG MISTAKE! Called in 2/5 and 2/6. Took off 2/9 for doctors appt. Bronchitis. Was going to take 2/10 if I had the option but my steward stabbed me in the back. :angry:

Ouch Dill, that sucks! I had a bad case of bronchitis last year, was out for over a week. I also had an upper respiritory infection in May. Both ears infected a sinus infection, and both eyes got infected and swelled shut. I was a mess!

Hope your feeling better soon! :wink2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Ouch Dill, that sucks! I had a bad case of bronchitis last year, was out for over a week. I also had an upper respiritory infection in May. Both ears infected a sinus infection, and both eyes got infected and swelled shut. I was a mess!

Hope your feeling better soon! :wink2:
It isn't just me either. Nearly every single one of our drivers has been sick. All the same thing pretty much. Coughing, sinus and chest congestion, fever, etc. It's been really bad this past month or so. I still have it. By the end of the day I'm almost hoarse.

backinbrown

respect my authority
It isn't just me either. Nearly every single one of our drivers has been sick. All the same thing pretty much. Coughing, sinus and chest congestion, fever, etc. It's been really bad this past month or so. I still have it. By the end of the day I'm almost hoarse.

Get well dilli i dont like the mental image of that beutifull eye with the voice of Mr. Ed

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
ICCKK. When I get sick I try to go to work. I would rather get paid for being sick, and stay home when I feel like doing something.:happy-very:
I rarely get sick, but end of last yr, I had that flu come on, in an instant. Couldnt even,, pull over fast enough to get my belt off and hang out the door, that fast.
All over the truck, it was nasty. Then I felt fine,........for about 45 minutes, then ditto. This went on for about 3 hrs, til about 5 pm, I told them to send help, but I needed some carwash time. Got in hosed out my truck, got out to my own truck, and bam, hit me again. Then I made it home, then I slept all weekend, but I was only violently ill for 8 hrs, then it was all body aches, and my back just hurt so bad, and into my shoulders. Miserable experience.
I never get the flu or the shot.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hubby missed a week and a half of golfing. Do you know how sick he has to be to miss golf ???

He had a headcold, went to chest and then felt like the flu. We both get flu shots and we feel that if we do get the flu that it is a lesser version than if we hadn't got the shot.

He's better now.

over9five

Staff member
YUCK!!! I feel like I could catch it just by reading this thread!

I've gotten the flu shot the past two years, but I missed it this year because I was sick the day they were giving it out.

....and if you're sick, STAY HOME. The rest of us don't need to catch it from you.

yeldarb

Feeder drivers probably need a flu shot more than a package driver.....Bunch of out of shape drivers that drive 9 hours a day, who cough, sneeze and pick there nose. I bet a tractor steering wheel has more germs than a package car wheel...The diad, another story.

fethrs

Got a flu shot this year and haven't been sick once but I have seen some folks at my hub use sick days (they didn't get a flu shot). Last year was really bad almost everyone I worked around got the flu and it was bad, I got the shot this year and it seems to be working.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
My 6 year old has been home sick with a flu/virus for the past 4 days. All of the classmates that surround her desk have been out of school, sick as well. Taking her back to the Dr. today to get rechecked, as her temperature has yet to come back to "normal". The rest of the family is well.

diesel96

Got a flu shot this year and haven't been sick once but I have seen some folks at my hub use sick days (they didn't get a flu shot). Last year was really bad almost everyone I worked around got the flu and it was bad, I got the shot this year and it seems to be working.

I don't know Tinkerbell, I've been telling the Doc to stay away from my body with that needle for years now.....

What's In A Flu Shot

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
This is my 2nd week of being on light duty. Working the TWI, going in at 13:00-21:00. Kinda nice, although I don't sleep in, I take my time and get things done before I head to the Dungeon!
That shift sucks,did it yrs ago.You probaly know my neighbor,he's on the twi.I think he loads the fdrs & house mail.Daniel S. from waterboro,good kid real young,tell him I said hello & keep an eye on him for me.He's timid & won't speak up! Use you wisdom & guide him along. thanks Cove

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Took my daughter to the Dr. today. She's got the flu. Had a 103.5 temp today, and the Dr. said to let it run its course.
100_1227.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was off Tuesday and Wednesday. A few months ago my wife noticed a spot on the side of my face between my right eye and ear. I finally went to the dermatologist a few weeks ago and had a biopsy taken. It was skin cancer. The doctor cut it out Tuesday and got it all, thank goodness. The reconstructive surgery yesterday fixed the hole in my head. I get to take off next Wednesday and have the twenty-two sutures taken out. I was lucky my wife knew what she did, the spot was in a place where I do not see that part of my face when I look in the mirror.