any one near Bad Reichenhall in Bavaria

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Weather is great, only hitch was a union work slowdown by lufthanza airlines........the bums

any way, been and done a load of fün, if you wänt, will trry and pöst phötös läter

d

diesel96

Wow..your in beer heaven:bow:.....enjoy the cleavage with those St Paulie Girls offering you handful of beer filled steins.....

browniehound

Weather is great, only hitch was a union work slowdown by lufthanza airlines........the bums

any way, been and done a load of fün, if you wänt, will trry and pöst phötös läter

d

d,
Lookin' forward to the pictures if you have the time to post them. It sounds like my kind of place. Enjoy!

Floridacargocat

One of the best things in Bavaria is to find a local brewery (operated by the Gasthaus/inn), sit in the outside beergarden and enjoy food, beer and atmosphere. Bavaria does have some unique reasons to return there.

rod

Retired 22 years
Wow..your in beer heaven:bow:.....enjoy the cleavage with those St Paulie Girls offering you handful of beer filled steins.....

Just incase anyone is interested St. Paulie Girl started our as the house brew of a brothel

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

d
Are you speaking like the natives already? LOL Hope you are having a great time. D

JustTired

free at last.......
Take the cable car to the top of the Zugspitz (if I remember right, it's in the Garmish area).......quite a view! Also, if you get the chance to tour the Neuschwanstien castle, do it. Very scenic area (bavaria). Would like to visit again someday.

Floridacargocat

bitte ein bit, prost! (bitberger bier)
The beer is a Bitburger, and is definitely not Bavarian. It is still good.
Whenever you are in Bavaria, try to sample the local fare (and be adventerous, ask the waiter/waitress for a translation if necessary), and you will not be disappointed. When you stay overnight in a smaller city/village, try to get good information about good eating (either the inn has a restaurant or they know where to go). In general, English is not a major problem. There will always be someone in the restaurant who can help.
Enjoy.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Why do visions of National Lampoons "European Vacation" keep entering my mind?
hehehe, some of our vacations have been that way.

actually, the time here has been the most relaxing and enjoyable, the learning curve was a blast. hang gliding off the Zugspitz was great fun, my nephew caught a viciously wicked updraft, and was in the air for over an hour.....tossed his cookies at 6000 feet or so.

will post some photos later on, meeting with a large group of family, and several kegs of beer. i finally got somewhere where there is good internet service, and i dint have to wait in line for an hour to access the hotels computer with all those annoying brats posting on my space......

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
well finally home, and with internet service again. Dont know what you take for granted until its gone.

I will work in getting the photos downloaded from the laptop to the main one tonight, have over 3000 photos and video.

interesting thing i noticed. outside if start time one day on the autobahn, i only saw one package car on road, and that was crossing the next bridge down from where we were at. would have been a calendar shot, but the camera took to long coming out.

something else i did noticed was the feeder runs were all pulled by green, red or other colored tractors, none ups brown. are they subcontracting out feeder runs? saw 5 feeder runs, and no bown tractors....

God its good to be back home.......

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
once more

having isses posting photos, each time i get them uploaded, i get booted off before i can post them

d
Veiw frim the tram.jpg
mountains all around.jpg