Any other buildings get steam rolled today?

OptimusPrime

During our PCM they said our build was 326,000 over planned. Over 500 late air. I was one of the first to leave, and I left the building at 9:50. Load was blown out, but wasn't really done, I just had to get out of the way. Left with around 240 stops. Was helping the driver being loaded next to me. Was supposed to leave with over 400 stops. We just ended up having to snatch off the 7000 and 8000 section to be left behind. Was told to just bring back whatever was left to keep it under 12. Around 8:20, the center manager called a truce and just told everyone to comeback with whatever they had left. Should be a fun one tomorrow. Though if we are going to be keeping it under 12, least you can see the light at the end of the day.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We were told that we would be hammered with fifty extra stops apiece tomorrow. They were bringing in rental vans tonight as I was walking out the gate. Its too bad we don't have any extra drivers to drive them, Christmas seems to have snuck up on us again.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
worked 11 hours y'day and 12.5 today. In the PCM we were told production was down and we needed to pick it up :happy-very:. I felt very inspired the rest of teh day

barnyard

KTM rider
We were also crushed today. We had 1200 late NDA. The chick that bags the stuff for the PO was drowning too. I do not get how she is supposed to split, AC/clerk, bag PO stuff, pull and sort PO stuff and load a package car. I had 12 bags and 14 loose boxes for a small town post office.

Outside the industry, UPS is praised for it's ability to plan and prepare for these kinds of volumes. I am not seeing it.

1080Driver

I worked to 920 Monday night & this morning's PCM said it was lighter today.......yeah ok, I punched out at 1020.......its logistics

upsman68

Yes we got slammed today. I got done about 6:30 with 200 stops with using a helper for 4 hours. I was sent back out to help a driver with 100 stops left. I took 50 in a neighborhood I have never done before. Punched out with a 12 hour day. There was still drivers out. We had a few drivers dispatched with 350 stops in a 700.

BrownArmy

The hammer dropped in my building as well...

One of the casuals parked his truck behind the building, left the keys and DIAD, and went AWOL (75 missed stops).

We seem to have a problem getting helpers (I can't imagine why).

Punched out at 9:45, tomorrow isn't looking any better.

Mr Shifter

Hmmm maybe I should walk into a the center browned up even though I haven't signed the bid list for cover driver. I do drive Saturdays so I'm in Le game... $.$

Thebrownstreak

Yes we got slammed today. I got done about 6:30 with 200 stops with using a helper for 4 hours. I was sent back out to help a driver with 100 stops left. I took 50 in a neighborhood I have never done before. Punched out with a 12 hour day. There was still drivers out. We had a few drivers dispatched with 350 stops in a 700.

350 in a 700. That had to be a glorious day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Kept u under 12 lol. I haven't heard a word about being under 12 since the DOT 14 hour rule. I can't believe your center manager just told everyone to come in and miss what was left. That only makes tomorrow that much worse. I sure hope the snow holds off until after Xmas. If we get anything over 6 inches customers will be getting their gifts in January.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The volume so far in two days FAR EXCEEDED plan. I worked 13.05 paid day on monday, and tonight 13.25 paid day. Tonight I brought back 29 stops as missed. Everyone in our center was slammed. NOT ENOUGH CARS ON THE ROAD. I had two drivers assisting me tonight as I had 155 stops left to do after 6pm.

We all had to take a second lunch and half of the work left was signature only. Right about 945pm, we received a message from the CTR saying to stop delivering and come in immediately and sheet all packages left as missed.

Tomorrow will be no different. Projections have us heavier than yesterday.

On the bright side, the company managed to "suck out" 2.5 hours off my hours to give on friday!! GOOD LUCK FINDING A HOME FOR THAT WORK UPS!!

Thats logistics.

peace

TOS

kingOFchester

Most of us are hitting our 2011 peak day stops/pieces. Do they not understand that we can pull it together for 1 peak day with these type of numbers, but 4 weeks of this will result in accidents injuries and full mental break downs.

jaker

trolling
Most of us are hitting our 2011 peak day stops/pieces. Do they not understand that we can pull it together for 1 peak day with these type of numbers, but 4 weeks of this will result in accidents injuries and full mental break downs.
That because Christmas snook up again on them , be prepared expect the on expected I don't think they never heard of that rule

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
The volume so far in two days FAR EXCEEDED plan. I worked 13.05 paid day on monday, and tonight 13.25 paid day. Tonight I brought back 29 stops as missed. Everyone in our center was slammed. NOT ENOUGH CARS ON THE ROAD. I had two drivers assisting me tonight as I had 155 stops left to do after 6pm.

We all had to take a second lunch and half of the work left was signature only. Right about 945pm, we received a message from the CTR saying to stop delivering and come in immediately and sheet all packages left as missed.

Tomorrow will be no different. Projections have us heavier than yesterday.

On the bright side, the company managed to "suck out" 2.5 hours off my hours to give on friday!! GOOD LUCK FINDING A HOME FOR THAT WORK UPS!!

Thats logistics.

peace

TOS

What, exactly, do mean they sucked out 2.5 hours of your time? You know that is highly illegal, don't you?