Any other buildings get steam rolled today?

barnyard

KTM rider
My only saving grace today was that they let me use an air driver to get rid of 4 runners. Looks like tomorrow will be more of the same.

On the down side. Today did go very well. I got my work done (helper and I are starting to get a rhythm and I took 13 stops off another after I was done. My fear is the boss will say, "Huh, barnyard did will with 140 stops and 160 miles, maybe that is where he should be every day."

Sigh.

tre305

We had our asses handed to us this morning on the preload. Don't know how much volume was forecasted. I just know that from a 2:30am start time I didn't click out until 2pm this afternoon.

center manager said I had to treat all the managers to lunch tomorrow with all the OT I pulled today. Hell I'm already over 30 hours and its only Wednesday. Supposedly tomorrow is gonna be worse.

My center just isn't built to handle over 35k (forecasted for around 37k tomorrow).

OptimusPrime

Was told this morning to pay attention to the PCM. Special announcement. We were instructed to as soon as the PCM was over to just leave. If it wasn't loaded, leave it behind. That made for a fun day. So every stop where I can't find a package, I really don't know if it's there or not. And the preloader was seasonal, so of course by the time I get to my first stop, looked like a bomb went off back there. All the wonderful piles she had made had collapsed. Was supposed to get a helper at 1. Got him at 3:30. Had no clue. Tried to coach him up so he could help me with a bunch of apartments I had to do. Just couldn't grasp the whole signature vs. NI1 info notice, not to mention as soon as the sun started going down, he had no idea what buttons were what. Not to mention the guy was pushing 50. Not exactly some young hopper you can use to burn through some resis. Once again brought stuff back, and was told to keep it under 12.

wayfair

swollen member
was instructed that through the rest of peak, that all drivers had to call in before coming in to help others... very inspiring...

laffter

I'm sure some of you read my other thread, but today was light in my building. Tuesday was chaotic.

Thursdays are always heavy, so I am expecting some "good times" (in preload).

I heard that we have a driver sup who ran a route today.

feeder05

Nothing surprises UPS, they know what volume is expected. Each center is directed how many cars can go on road. When a center manager tells you to
be off the clock before 12 hr rule and sheet missed packages that is coming from the top. All decisions for centers are coming from Divsion and District managers. Eventually all buildings will have one manager with more on road sups doing the day to day tasks.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Nothing surprises UPS, they know what volume is expected. Each center is directed how many cars can go on road. When a center manager tells you to
be off the clock before 12 hr rule and sheet missed packages that is coming from the top. All decisions for centers are coming from Divsion and District managers. Eventually all buildings will have one manager with more on road sups doing the day to day tasks.

If anyone at any level instructs drivers to sheet packages as missed they need to be eliminated from the payroll. There are always ways to get the stuff delivered. A few drivers might push the 12 hour window but many more don't.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
And when you save enough money up to start your own business, then you too can make decisions like this.

Until then, one stop at a time. :wink2:

I would hope I would be smart enough to realize that not serving your customers is no way to run a business. Double Standards be damned. I just remembered, I have a small business. When I say I'll be there Saturday or Sunday from noon to 5, I'm there. Never missed in 15 years. I would hope you run your photo business the same way. Other than that, who cares? :funny:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If anyone at any level instructs drivers to sheet packages as missed they need to be eliminated from the payroll. There are always ways to get the stuff delivered. A few drivers might push the 12 hour window but many more don't.

I worked 11.42 today but offered to run a misload someone had off my route. It was a town about ten miles from the center. Easy OT I figured but sup said nope don't run it. Too bad

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
My center has the 14 hr limit, have to be off the clock by 22:45. I have been over 11 for the last 5 working days, my helper been averaging over 8hrs a day. Tomorrow should be fun, The preload was told to start at 12:30 am, to accommodate the extra work coming in. They never started this early so soon in the peak season. On the bright side there's only 18 working days left, not counting Saturday's and by the end of peak my
bank account will be looking pretty good.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
I worked 11.42 today but offered to run a misload someone had off my route. It was a town about ten miles from the center. Easy OT I figured but sup said nope don't run it. Too bad

Same here, I call the center at 20:00, ask if they wanted me to del this misload and I was told to sheet as miss and head on in. It wouldve been easy OT.

DS

Fenderbender
I went to visit my buddy today in Barrie,and we plugged his Gibson SG into
garageband and it sounded awesome I'm on vac-a this week.
I'm sure Monday will bring me right back into this insanity.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My center has the 14 hr limit, have to be off the clock by 22:45. I have been over 11 for the last 5 working days, my helper been averaging over 8hrs a day. Tomorrow should be fun, The preload was told to start at 12:30 am, to accommodate the extra work coming in. They never started this early so soon in the peak season. On the bright side there's only 18 working days left, not counting Saturday's and by the end of peak my
bank account will be looking pretty good.

If we roll stuff over one day it's not going to be 18 more working days it's going to be 23-28 more working days.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
On the preload side, yes we are getting steam rolled. Start times this week has been 12:15 or 12:30. Tommorow was supposed to be a 1:40 start time, but was told at 1:00 pm today that start time changed to 12:30. We are also loading rental box trucks with retail stops loaded by zones