Any other locals out there that don't have their new contract yet?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Out here in Spokane, there on order but have no idea when they'll show up. It seems to me that other locals have their new contract books already unless the information I've been given on this message board is from the old contract, which if this is the case, then any information on here is subject to change. Just curious if our local is dropping the ball (which wouldn't surprise me at all)

brown4life?

I have not even recieved my ballot to vote on the 710 contract yet! I have called the union and they do have all the right info on me needless to say im not happy about it at all!:angry: I would love to see the contract as well as vote on it!!:happy2:

Ms Spoken

I have not even recieved my ballot to vote on the 710 contract yet! I have called the union and they do have all the right info on me needless to say im not happy about it at all!:angry: I would love to see the contract as well as vote on it!!:happy2:

710 sent my ballot over a week ago and for the record JMO this "new" contract is for the birds. I have already mailed my vote back in.

brown4life?

710 sent my ballot over a week ago and for the record JMO this "new" contract is for the birds. I have already mailed my vote back in.
Do you happen to know where I can find at least a copy of it?? I have called teamsters and talked to my stew but no luck so far! Thanks in advance:happy2:

Ms Spoken

Do you happen to know where I can find at least a copy of it?? I have called teamsters and talked to my stew but no luck so far! Thanks in advance:happy2:

Sorry but, I have already filed it away in the trash where it belongs. PM me and maybe we can figure out a way to get you a copy.

705red

Browncafe Steward

If im correct did you just start recently? You would have had to be a seniority employee to vote on it. I believe 710s votes will be counted on the 2nd. 705s on the 4th.

Ms spoken not happy? Care to share what you dont like, just out of curosity.

brown4life?

If im correct did you just start recently? You would have had to be a seniority employee to vote on it. I believe 710s votes will be counted on the 2nd. 705s on the 4th.

Red, I did just start back in february lol I have turned in two union registration forms so far and still no union dues taken out. I have talked to sup after sup and the stew as well. It has gotten me nowhere:angry:. I called the office manager to the local 710 spoke to her well lets just say its a UPS said Union said thing its getting under my skin a bit! And yes votes are being counted the 2nd so that means my vote doesnt count LOL I find that a little frustrating but since I plan on being a UPSER for life I will let it fly........... :wink2: On another note I have heard good and bad about the new contract proposal but have not seen it........So I guess I can't form an opinion! Thanks for letting me vent! Oh and please dont spell check me lol:funny:

705red

Browncafe Steward
i thought that you had just recently started not giving you the right to vote, i was not aware that you started in feburary. My bad.

The ups verses union thing i see alot, from my understanding the union informs ups on how much dues an employee has to pay per month and than it is up to ups to deduct those dues from our check. Now we have had problems in the past but they have gotten much better.

You should be upset that you are not able to vote on your contract! Im happy to see a ptimer take interest, i hope everything works out for you. I would call your dues department at the local and square this away before you owe alot of money!

brown4life?

Red As I have said before I plan on staying on at UPS this is my career path. I do have small children so the ptime works well while I wait it out for a driver spot. I really like the job but as you can see I am so POED about the contract thing. I feel like I shouldn't owe those dues I didn't get to vote on my future and feel like thats what those dues were for. Alright:funny: enough of my cryin thanks for your input I do appreciate it!~ PS This board has been so helpful