Any other stations going crazy with cutting OT?

Overpaid Union Thug

As the title says, any other stations going through this crazy phase where they are hiring people just to take over time? Guys at my station who normally get 9-10 hours a day on a 5-8 route, are being forced to drop stops to get to 7-8 hours of work. We do t even have open routes since they filled them with the last few new hires, now the new people are coming in just to eliminate ot
Sounds like FDX is doing the opposite of UPS.

DontThrowPackages

Upper management isn't smart enough to figure that out. The whole hour break thing is nothing more than a power play to exert control over employees.
Taking an hour lunch would mean couriers picking up their kids or wife/husband up after work later. So, knowing that, upper management is banking on a percentage of employees willing to make up that 30 minutes "somehow" in order to get home on time. If everyone takes an honest hour break, pay will not be effected and so will be dropped, the 1 hour policy.

dex 84

Taking an hour lunch would mean couriers picking up their kids or wife/husband up after work later. So, knowing that, upper management is banking on a percentage of employees willing to make up that 30 minutes "somehow" in order to get home on time. If everyone takes an honest hour break, pay will not be effected and so will be dropped, the 1 hour policy.

Really nobody should ever be counting on getting out of work on time in the first place. This isn't the kind of job where you can count on being there for your family and friends after work. You pretty much have to consider 12 hours from punch in as dead time you can't use, and if you get out before that time has passed then it's a bonus.

shepski79

WTF is no over time. I walked out with a on car last week. His words. Why the :censored2: do we have guys still out at 8 30 at night. :censored2:en. New guys. Not my words his.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

The idea is that that extra 30 minutes of break time is an inconvenience that will encourage some to get the lead out of their pants.

59 Dano

As I replied to Cactus, if this was a widespread issue, it would be reflected as a substantial increase in onroad and productivity metrics. Those increases haven't materialized. I'll ask you essentially the same question I asked him -- If all these people are padding their numbers, why aren't our performance stats showing it?

MAKAVELI

As I replied to Cactus, if this was a widespread issue, it would be reflected as a substantial increase in onroad and productivity metrics. Those increases haven't materialized. I'll ask you essentially the same question I asked him -- If all these people are padding their numbers, why aren't our performance stats showing it?
That's because management raises the goal every time it's met.;)

59 Dano

That's because management raises the goal every time it's met.;)

Let's try this again -- why didn't the P/FTE or SPH increase as you'd expect if this kind of falsification was going on to that degree? It would go up regardless of any change in goals.

MAKAVELI

LOL, once more with feeling! Why hasn't either stat increased as we'd expect if this was happening to the degree alleged here?
Because it's all just a game management plays. The numbers are up, management just doesn't want us to know that.