Any part timers in Madison...

package

I am looking into the possibility of transferring to Madison, WI. Is there any part-timers who work the preload or reload shift that could tell me how many hours a week you guys get on average, and what the normal start time and finishing time is.

I am going to try and work another job along with working part time at UPS, but I wasn't sure if getting a job that starts at 9am would be cutting it too close since I don't know what time the preload usually finishes at.

Thanks for the help

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

From what I could gather from your post, you are not planning on transferring to go to school, which is the only transfer (other than those within the Western Conference) available for hourly employees.

To answer your second, a second job that starts at 9am would be cutting it way too close. We have a preloader who has a 9:30am class and he has to hustle to make it on time.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
From what I could gather from your post, you are not planning on transferring to go to school, which is the only transfer (other than those within the Western Conference) available for hourly employees.

To answer your second, a second job that starts at 9am would be cutting it way too close. We have a preloader who has a 9:30am class and he has to hustle to make it on time.

Wrong answer. In Local 344, in which Madison falls, we can request a transfer in writing to any other center in the locals jurisdiction. Would be put on a transfer list and when an opening came up would have one week to accept or decline said request.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wrong answer. In Local 344, in which Madison falls, we can request a transfer in writing to any other center in the locals jurisdiction. Would be put on a transfer list and when an opening came up would have one week to accept or decline said request.

I didn't know that and thank you for the information. Of course, that doesn't really help the OP, who wants to transfer to Madison.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I didn't know that and thank you for the information. Of course, that doesn't really help the OP, who wants to transfer to Madison.

If the OP is currently in 344, he would qualify for a transfer request.
Blows my mind how many different locals have different rules.
Justifies every member knowing their contract from front to back!