Any Predictions on Who's Getting the Axe on Monday?

RoyalFlush

One of Them
Centers will be consolidated - this is just a nice way of saying there will be less management, managers and up in particular. Come Tuesday or Wednesday there will be approximately 1/3 less division level managers. I expect the same trend to flow down to the center managers in the coming months. IE, PE, Auto, HR, Finance, Labor, Feeders will see the biggest cuts. Operations will get some too. I'm not sure what the ratio will be but it was clearly stated in the official announcement that there will consolidations (less management at manager level and above) in operations. It's likely the structure will be announced on Wednesday, with changes/reductions of managers occurring over the next several months.

The packet is not an indication of who will be eliminated. It was based solély upon age. Qualifications and performance will be the driving factors used to determine who's left standing, thus the "panties in a bunch" activities you're seeing.

It's going to be a very interesting and tense time.

One more thing I expect - reduced or no housing allowance and reduced or no relocation expense. The good ole' will move you and pay all the expenses and supplement your income for a few years will be ending. It's posted on UPSers "Benefit level for relos will be based upon the financial impact to the company."

fxdwg

Long Time Member
With all this going on, why is there so much anger in the 2727 Update thread over benefits. I think some of these people would gladly pay for their benefits, if it meant keeping their jobs. I find this very disturbing.

tieguy

Banned
One more thing I expect - reduced or no housing allowance and reduced or no relocation expense. The good ole' will move you and pay all the expenses and supplement your income for a few years will be ending. It's posted on UPSers "Benefit level for relos will be based upon the financial impact to the company."

I've heard that there are 600 relos planned in the budget.

probably why they looking for 3 year committments from these guys. They don't want to pay for anymore relocations for three years.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
David Ragan may get the ax tomorrow, that was a totally unavoidable on lap 34 in Atlanta today. At least a warning letter and a safety ride, he needs to study his Five Seeing Habits more......

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

With all this going on, why is there so much anger in the 2727 Update thread over benefits. I think some of these people would gladly pay for their benefits, if it meant keeping their jobs. I find this very disturbing.

The jet heads are totally out of touch with reality and are in serious need of a wake up call.

RoyalFlush

One of Them
That's exactly what I heard

500 is the number I heard, which sounds absurd. That would be more than enough moves to move the entire staff and every division level manager in every district. I heard this so long ago it makes me think it was intentionally leaked to put some fear in people.

The number is irrelevant. The written announcement documents say the relo benefit level will be determined based on the overall financial impact to the company.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
you seem to be an asset to the co web,,hope this does not affect you,, really,, how does corporate expect to attract quality people when this is the thank you

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Us "Quality People" are standing at the door ready to come in and work for a living. I hate to replace someone, but I need a job and I have some bills to pay. I also have a mechanic's license and can turn airplanes.

fr8dog

I am resigned to the fact that there will be major concessions in 2013.

Paying for a portion of your healthcare is not that much too ask, especially at $43/hr straight time.

bet you wouldnt say that in the cafe with all the other drivers that you will take a pay cut.

fr8dog

Us "Quality People" are standing at the door ready to come in and work for a living. I hate to replace someone, but I need a job and I have some bills to pay. I also have a mechanic's license and can turn airplanes.

get ur resume updated. They'll be calling u for a months worth of work. scab.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

bet you wouldnt say that in the cafe with all the other drivers that you will take a pay cut.

I have already said this is many other threads. We will be at about $32/hr at the end of the current contract. I would think that $32/hr plus an industry leading benefit package is more than fair for a job that does not require anything more than a high school degree. I would much prefer a wage freeze in lieu of paying for health care.

You guys are making $43/hr straight time. I have seen the latest contract proposal. The proposed wage and retro package are nothing to sneeze at. I honestly do not see a problem with you guys paying for a portion of your healthcare. I also do not see how the decision of a group numbering less than a thousand should affect over 200,000, especially when the proposed contract is acceptable.

fr8dog

Pay cut. not pay freeze. they want us to take a pay cut. At least the managment only got a freeze. You go tell your wife she's out 170 bucks a month.

airbusfxr

Upstate, you must be a Buffalo Bill- sabre, loser at the end of the season. UPSCO has provided money for the money losing departments of this company for years. We only have 930ish mechanics and yes we will take all IBT members to the street if this weeks talks in Washington DC goes south. We walked with you in '97 and you will walk with us in '10. We have provided UPS with on-time valuable service commitments for 5 years without a freaking contract and do you think I care if one grade 20 loses his golf membership? The NMB will decide if we strike and I hope we do, I am tired of being run over by UPS. They offered me a pay cut and then pay for health care and then give back 30k in retro. Get ready for a lock-out because the IBT will not allow you to cross, if you do there will be no volume, customers will move to FDX. It is up to UPS to either pay up of take a chance. Google Reuters and local2727 and see what they say.

Last edited:

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I have already said this is many other threads. We will be at about $32/hr at the end of the current contract. I would think that $32/hr plus an industry leading benefit package is more than fair for a job that does not require anything more than a high school degree. I would much prefer a wage freeze in lieu of paying for health care.

You guys are making $43/hr straight time. I have seen the latest contract proposal. The proposed wage and retro package are nothing to sneeze at. I honestly do not see a problem with you guys paying for a portion of your healthcare. I also do not see how the decision of a group numbering less than a thousand should affect over 200,000, especially when the proposed contract is acceptable.

UPSState:
I stuck my 2 cents in here and I saw the response that I knew that I would see.

My very objective opinion:

You have a good POV and they do NOT present an argument other than what Scott Davis Makes as the CEO.
I got called a Scab and that's OK. I will turn flights for UPS for less than $43. I don't want to, but I will as I need a job. My Wife and Kids need an income. I'm ready to work and UPS will like my skills.

airbusfxr

You will not be needed, UPS will have no pilots, no loaders, no drivers, only managers working. Customers will flock to FDX or the USPS. I have only been working on UPSCO planes since '86 and I have not seen it all but when the chips are down, as in 2001, UPS threw in a wad of cash and the contract passed. This is at Washington DC level and no matter what it is going to be settled and soon. OBTW UPS doesnt like skills just action and they know who has provided SAFE service since day 1. UPS would not trust a scab outfit with their safety record on the line, one crash and the FAA would shut this airline down.