Any problems with Caremark migration?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Anybody else run into problems with CVS Caremark when we switched from MEDCO?
UPS used the switchover to tighten up on coverage and added an additional higher cost classification for drugs.
​Just the continuing legacy of how we cannot trust UPS communications about their enhancements to our benefits.
At least tell us the truth ... we're going to find oout anyway.
I went back and looked at the notification that UPS sent out and it stated there would be no changes.
The deductibles are higher and 3 of the drugs I was taking are not preferred.
One Rx copay went from $8.50 to $131.
Another went from $200 to $600.
Another 2 were not covered and I had to get Dr to write other Rx.
On the Caremark site, it said a drug would be $66 at the local pharmacy and it was $177 when I got to pharmacy.
The reason I had to go local is that Caremark has let me run out of a Rx 3 times so far this year, sitting on an Rx for over 3 weeks on one, 10 days on another and 6 days on another before they shipped.

I figure I have spent over 40 hours getting my Rx straight with them.
​People seem nice and try to be helpful ... their fulfillment systems seems to be in beta or maybe alpha, definitely not ready for prime time.
Caremark's processes and results seem an absolute joke.
Furthermore, you can't even track the shipment and delivery of your prescriptions. WTF, it's 2013!

OK, I feel better.

beentheredonethat

I was also told copays would be the exact same. Guess what NOPE it isn't. I am doing the lower cost (by very high deductible insurance this year). So I go to costco for my Rx, it's cheaper then mail order and since I'm 100% out of pocket until I hit the deductible it works in my favor to go to costco

Finner

Hoax,

Glad you feel better after making that post. I was going to suggest you take a pill. :) I haven't had any issue with Caremark so far. Just common high blood pressure and cholesterol scripts and I think price was about the same as previous or very close to it. But who knows what well be when I need a script filled for something else and possibly charged 2, 3 or 4 times what was previous.

I guess the switch is another one of those "enhancements" eh?

Saw some of the group at a retirement party last night.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax,

Glad you feel better after making that post. I was going to suggest you take a pill. :) I haven't had any issue with Caremark so far. Just common high blood pressure and cholesterol scripts and I think price was about the same as previous or very close to it. But who knows what well be when I need a script filled for something else and possibly charged 2, 3 or 4 times what was previous.

I guess the switch is another one of those "enhancements" eh?

Saw some of the group at a retirement party last night.

I finally gave up and changed all my Rx to a local CVS store.
​No problems since.

beentheredonethat

The one drug I take costs roughy 115 at CVS for a month's supply. The local Rx store in town sells it for 80. Technically the local pharmacy is valid as a CVS partner or something like that. (Even though it is not a CVS store). I had initially emailed them and asked hey I take drug x.. 120 pills per month. What would it cost me to have it filled at your location? They gave me the 80 price. Well, when I went in person to get the prescription and I handed them the CVS\Caremark prescription card, they said the price was 115 (same as CVS). I told them, that over email they said 80. They rerang it up so it didn't get the bill that CVS would charge and instead charged me the $80 rate. Fortunately it is also going against my deductible for the year. I fail to understand how a large pharmacy like CVS can charge almost 50% more for a drug then a local small time drug store. It's ridiculous.

upschuck

Anybody else run into problems with CVS Caremark when we switched from MEDCO?
UPS used the switchover to tighten up on coverage and added an additional higher cost classification for drugs.
​Just the continuing legacy of how we cannot trust UPS communications about their enhancements to our benefits.
At least tell us the truth ... we're going to find oout anyway.
I went back and looked at the notification that UPS sent out and it stated there would be no changes.
The deductibles are higher and 3 of the drugs I was taking are not preferred.
One Rx copay went from $8.50 to $131.
Another went from $200 to $600.
Another 2 were not covered and I had to get Dr to write other Rx.
On the Caremark site, it said a drug would be $66 at the local pharmacy and it was $177 when I got to pharmacy.
The reason I had to go local is that Caremark has let me run out of a Rx 3 times so far this year, sitting on an Rx for over 3 weeks on one, 10 days on another and 6 days on another before they shipped.

I figure I have spent over 40 hours getting my Rx straight with them.
​People seem nice and try to be helpful ... their fulfillment systems seems to be in beta or maybe alpha, definitely not ready for prime time.
Caremark's processes and results seem an absolute joke.
Furthermore, you can't even track the shipment and delivery of your prescriptions. WTF, it's 2013!

OK, I feel better.

My doctor once gave Caremark a bad prescription(too much medication), which was over a years worth, and I only had to pay the $200 max/refill. So that worked out for me good, since the med had a couple year exp date on them. Saved me a lot of cash. Soon hopefully, I will be paying zero for them.

Only thing that Medco had that Caremark does not is with the reordering a prescription that has expired. Caremark does not keep that in your history to click to get a new script. You have to either call your doctor or use their 'search for new prescription' which at times can be a pain.

cynic

One restriction or problem the Medco plan has is you are unable to transfer prescriptions from your local pharmacy to Medco for 90-day refills. This took quite some time to figure out with Medco supervisors even looking to determine the cause of prescriptions failing to transfer. I hope we can do the transfers from local pharmacy to Caremark - anyone know?