Any PTSups notice a shortage in this weeks' paycheck?

UPSSOCKS

South Cal I am worried about you young neophyte. You seem to be a hard working supervisor with a promising future, but you need some fine tuning. When you feel you have been cheated at UPS, you probably have. It's going to happen. Just remember how it made you feel and who is responsible for it. One day you will get your shot to even the score with that person. When you come to the crossroads will you take the path less traveled by or will you make a path for others to follow? The path I created for myself is the path of a poisonous snake. I chose this route and once you pick there is no going back. With one strike I take out each person that wronged me along my journey. You need to pick a path and head forward, and stop moving from side to side. You can't move up the food chain without stepping up. Don't ask the union stewards for advice, tell them what to do. Remember they work for you. Relationships with your employees is ok but remember you are the boss. In a blink of an eye any one of your employees will turn on you. If it comes down to you or them they will always choose them. By the way you worked 27.5 hours and got paid for 27.5 hours. Sound fair to me.

Was a p/t sup for 2 1/2 years starting in 1989. Averaged 45 hours a week for 25 hours base salary pay. Was never compensated. 200 to 300 miles on pesonal car taking misloads and left in building to drivers. Had thoughts of going to full time sup. Became a driver and will retire as one.

Smart move...Did that for 5 years...Can't believe pt supes these days. They sound like such pansies.

UPS Lifer

UPS has to be careful on cost cutting operational decisions. It could do more harm than good.

Case in point. The Twilight does not work Xmas Eve but the air operations do. All the supervisors on the Twi (FT and PT) get the day off. I had a OPS Mgr decide to make all those supervisors work in my operation. There was nothing for them to do, so each supervisor was put into a load one on one with an employee to double check every package loaded. We are talking about 50 supervisors who now have major attitude problems that will carry over to the next year. That OPS Mgr didn't save the company any money by forcing those supervisors to work.

Side Note:
The OPS Mgr got demoted started drinking got a DUI and no longer works for UPS.... best thing that ever happened for the company.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
I found this odd too. Previously we had to pick one or the other to work (day after thanksgiving or new years eve). This year we all worked (well minus a few) day after thanksgiving (PT Supes) and none of us worked new years eve. I'm not complaining thats how I usually work anyways but it was just odd.

I'm not complaining either. Love having a 4 day weekend. But, not sure why there is not work available for the part time sups, but in the same office full time hourly admins are required to work (at 8 hours plus 8 hrs for the holiday). In the past it was always the opposite - admins had the holiday off and the part time sups were required to work. I know they dont want to pay us the extra hours we worked, but they are paying the admins!!!
And this whole thing of not being paid the extra hours during holiday weeks and not getting paid for the holiday when it falls on a non work day is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

UPSSOCKS

There is always work for part time supervisors and I don't agree with them getting christmas eve off. Safety paperwork is never done. The offices always need organized. They should have come in and made action plans for 2010

Last edited:

There is always work for part time supervisors and I don't agree with them getting christmas eve off. Safety paperwork is never done. The offices always need organized. They should have come in and made action plans for 2010

UPSSOCKS can always use a shoe shine.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Typical incompetent management style posting gone bad! just fire away without double checking for errors/ misnomers, no one REALLY cares. :)

P

pickup

Typical incompetent management style posting gone bad! just fire away without double checking for errors/ misnomers, no one REALLY cares. :)

I saw a manager write on the idle times sheet nest to who he perceived to be the egregious offenders: "this is unexceptable". Great command of the english language. No wonder he is above me.

Mapp

Choo Choo
Yeah, it sucks. We essentially don'[t get paid for holidays if we work OT.
Those of you forced to work on UPS Holidays make sure you code it as such in PTRS. I always offer to work Holidays provided they give me 8 hours of Holiday pay and strangely they have yet to take me up on the offer, although a couple years ago I was forced to come in for Black Friday preload and I put Holiday working into ptrs and the Divvie yelled at my center manager. Never worked another holiday again.

Atleast we are guaranteed 27.5. Knock on wood.

RFDUpsSup

RFD Hub OUtbound Sup.
I don't know, I'll ask you how great it is in a couple of months. Part time, is part time but the sups will get 27.5 hours a week, and the hourlies will be under 20 very soon......

Wow 20 is optimistic. My midnight employees ring in at around 13-15(none of them are "I want my 3" right now).

Remember they work for you. Relationships with your employees is ok but remember you are the boss. In a blink of an eye any one of your employees will turn on you. If it comes down to you or them they will always choose them.

SO true! There is nothing worse than an employee who suddenly makes it his/her job to make your life a living hell because you looked at them cross-eyed.

Also Socks, love your Sig.

brownone

PT sups deserve to be compensated for their time. PERIOD.

Dedication - give me a break. Maybe if you were a full time salaried management then that is different.

They are paid for their time, but Christmas Eve is not a UPS Holiday. For a hub operation that does not run on this night, the supervisors were scheduled off.

brownone

So, let's see, when the original poster brings up this issue, you tell him to essentially quit and go work for Burger King. Just below in bold face black, are two posts of yours where you complain about Scott Davis and where you complain about a paycut , in essence. Looking at your 21 posts, you complain about corporate quite a bit, and Scott Davis in particular.In other posts, you have recommended McDonalds (or to take another job offer) as a career for workers disenchanted with UPS.

Given your documented discontent with corporate and your complaining in general, maybe you should take a slice of your own advice and pursue a managerial career with McDonalds, Burger King, etc.

Jim Casey turns over in his grave when he looks at the way ******** Scott Davis runs the company. Davis has no clue what partnership is and never will. He is typical accounting nerd and is all about Scott. FEDEX shares continue to move up and ours stay stagnent. It is time for a real CEO.

Pretzel, I have no doubt you could come back and run an operation. The problem is that the decisions being made by the coporate office are affecting the partnership legacy that has been the back bone of UPS. In general there is a lack of trust that the board cares what happens to the management team. I love this company and bleed brown, but at some point they need to stop taking from the management team. I undesrtand we must change, but even the latest benefit change shows the tide continues to shift toward taking care of the union memebers and sticking it to the managment team. I have no problem paying for a part of my benefits and have always sold it to my people, but the latest increase is ridiculous. The increase is nothing short of an additional pay cut, based on the lack of raises this year. I actually had an HR person tell me that I should consider using my wife's benefits, instead of questioning the changes. Sad part is my wife is a stay at home mom, but even if she was not is that the message we want to send to our management team? Bottom lines is coporate has lost touch with the management team in the centers and hub. I would say again if we need to cut true cost we need to force poeple out who are sitting on the bench with no true job. Offer them a job in operations and if they refuse, send them to the street. While this may seem harsh, in this economy it is what really needs to be done.

Love UPS as much I did when I came through the door in 1986, but I do not care for the CEO. If I ever hate my job, I will leave. As a stock holder though, I do have a right to complain about the CEO.

Braveheart

Was a p/t sup for 2 1/2 years starting in 1989. Averaged 45 hours a week for 25 hours base salary pay. Was never compensated. 200 to 300 miles on pesonal car taking misloads and left in building to drivers. Had thoughts of going to full time sup. Became a driver and will retire as one.
Best move you ever made!

ol'browneye

Wow 20 is optimistic. My midnight employees ring in at around 13-15(none of them are "I want my 3" right now).

SO true! There is nothing worse than an employee who suddenly makes it his/her job to make your life a living hell because you looked at them cross-eyed.

Also Socks, love your Sig.

It goes both ways socks-lover!

UPSSOCKS

Love UPS as much I did when I came through the door in 1986, but I do not care for the CEO. If I ever hate my job, I will leave. As a stock holder though, I do have a right to complain about the CEO.

What do you know about the CEO? How can you pass judgement on anyone? Work as instructed and leave the important matter to me, peon.