Any tips for a future hopeful courier?

Mountaineer

Hey guys. I'm currently living in the Baltimore area and I'm in the Air Force. I should have about 3 years left on my enlistment before I would like to move home to West Virginia with my wife. That being said...

...between now and then is there anything I can do to benefit myself and increase my chances of becoming a UPS courier? My current USAF job won't really benefit me as I'm in the intelligence industry but I'm just not interested in it. I would rather do real work then sit on my butt behind a computer all day like I am now. If there are any tips or tricks you guys would share with me I would really appreciate it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Mountaineer, I am prior military (8 yrs USAF) and being a veteran did help me get hired.

That being said, exhaust all other options first. Dave.

Are you stationed at Andrews?

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
go to upsjobs.com ,select your area and see which hubs are hiring. be advised: if you get hired as a part timer you will have to work your way thru the seniority list to get full time. in many areas this can take 10 years

DorkHead

Go to school on the GI Bill. Try to get in part time with UPS for the bennys. You have 3 yrs. to think about it.

Hey guys. I'm currently living in the Baltimore area and I'm in the Air Force. I should have about 3 years left on my enlistment before I would like to move home to West Virginia with my wife. That being said...

...between now and then is there anything I can do to benefit myself and increase my chances of becoming a UPS courier? My current USAF job won't really benefit me as I'm in the intelligence industry but I'm just not interested in it. I would rather do real work then sit on my butt behind a computer all day like I am now. If there are any tips or tricks you guys would share with me I would really appreciate it.

YES! As I see the newbies standing at the entrance, I wanna scream.. Run for your life! Save yourself!!! :funny: