Any Tips For A new TCD?

barnyard

KTM rider
I had an 8:15 start, had a helper for 3ish hours and pounded off 118 stops. Punched out at 17:10. It was awesome to be showered and starting supper at 18:00.

gostillerz

1) You're probably not going to run scratch as a new driver during peak. Don't worry about their numbers. If you have that in the back of your head all day, you'll get flustered and screw up more.

2) Talk to your loader. Ask them to load in numerical order. 1978 is more important than 2022 even though on the shelf/floor the 2022 should be closer to the front. A 4000 bulk ground stop in front of a 1999 NDA envelope will kill you. Maybe ask them to just put all of the air in the cab and leave a space at FL1 so you can reach them can help.

3) If your truck is really packed to where you have to unload stuff to get the right one, deliver the ones that are in your way as long if they're not too far out of trace. You have to make room, and the time you spend getting them out of the way isn't as bad as moving them every stop to get the package you want.

4) Work safe (should be #1). A missed package is nothing compared to an accident or getting hurt by running around trying to catch up to their time allowances.

Nickfury7...You are a BEAST!.....Was it all resi's?...That just sounds ALMOST impossibe to do....I'm looking at you guys numbers like????....118 stops WITH a helper?...They dont even give us helpers unless we have 250 or more stops...My buddy does 300 + with a helper during peak and I heard one guy say "they sent me out with 400 + stops....I brought back 160 of em"....And how do you guys get to leave at 8:15?...In my building we dont get the last of air until after 9...I left the building at 9:30 this AM...And for all who are wondering...I went in early..set up my truck, and continued to set it up thru out the day....Businesses came of real smooth...kinda got a lil confused in my resi's and had to break off to go deliver 2 packages I found before the business closed. I saw MUCH improvement...BUt we will have to see what is said tomorrow....All in all I think it was a good day...I am still learning and I did the best I could...And in the end if the driving thing does not work out...I cannot say that I didnt try...................Thank you to everyone who responded and your input was very helpful....