Any tips or advice?

undies

I've been out of work since the end of june for a ruptured/herniated disc. I got a lawyer and im going through physical therapy while the insurance company decides whether it will accept my workers comp claim. Hopefully some of you can give me some things to look out for or just be aware of! I'm pretty paranoid and feel like im being watched :-x

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You should probably stay away from firemen field days. (Inside joke for Crash)

The only reason that you should be concerned about someone watching you is if you are doing something that you shouldn't be doing.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You should probably stay away from firemen field days. (Inside joke for Crash)

The only reason that you should be concerned about someone watching you is if you are doing something that you shouldn't be doing.
While this is true....I was off for a broken ankle, and someone said something about me mowing my lawn, thought I was hurt. I said I am doing what my therapist recommends, which is aside from going to my therapy, where all conditions are perfect, mowing a lawn gets my ankle stronger for the real world. No problems from that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While this is true....I was off for a broken ankle, and someone said something about me mowing my lawn, thought I was hurt. I said I am doing what my therapist recommends, which is aside from going to my therapy, where all conditions are perfect, mowing a lawn gets my ankle stronger for the real world. No problems from that.

We have a lot of prisons here. Prison guards tend to get hurt quite a bit. It is not uncommon to read about a comp fraud case involving a prison guard who had hurt his back yet felt well enough to reshingle his roof.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Liberty Mutual has someone nice gentleman who is retired from the troopers drive by my house every day. He drives a silver jeep grand cherokee. Various hours. Sometimes I see him when I walk out to the mailbox. We wave to each other at this point. He's just doing a job. My injury date is almost 4 years ago with no settlement in sight and checks flowing bi-weekly. The older the injury without settlement, the bigger the desire to 'catch' someone doing something, anything 'wrong'. If you follow your doctors advice and are not trying to scam anyone, you will be fine.

I still say the OP is Tie.

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We have a lot of prisons here. Prison guards tend to get hurt quite a bit. It is not uncommon to read about a comp fraud case involving a prison guard who had hurt his back yet felt well enough to reshingle his roof.
Yea, it is everywhere. Fraud is rampant in everything. I think UPS keeps a pretty tight control on where you are and what your doing when they are paying.
But it makes the truly hurt pay the price.

undies

Oh yeah, I almost feel bad for doing my laundry or making a Costco run. I'm not crippled but not well enough to perform my duties, all the horror stories people have told me definitely have me worried! I just keep telling myself that the MRI's don't lie.

UPSGUY72

Hey I so that on TV I think it was a show called something like "Caught on Camera"