Any Tips to Improve time allowance????

bumped

_-Xc-gQd5T51P3m5JaU1arlpipE.gif

They probably do the virtual one on you and enter it in your timecard after you punch out. We have to do so many a month.

There in an O on the operations report in the morning to show an ojs.

hyena

Take your hour lunch and scan your packages at the delivery location (NOT at the truck) and then stop complete immediately. You will be amazed at how much better you'll show.

If your time study is just bad there is probably nothing you can do.
i scan the pkg as soon as I get out of the truck and stop complete on porch or wherever I'm at. Our manager told us to do this if we want credit for the steps we take when Orion comes. Is this bs?

bl04a

My sup keeps telling me I am running almost 2hr over every morning...I dont get it because Im only working 9hr day most days...he said to me...."are you putting in your overweight's?"... not sure what that has to do with anything, so are there any tips you vets can give this crappy driver(sups words) ??
If you've got your seniority the only 3 things you have to worry about are don't have late airs, don't get in any accidents, and don't get hurt. Their numbers mean nothing!

UPSGUY72

My sup keeps telling me I am running almost 2hr over every morning...I dont get it because Im only working 9hr day most days...he said to me...."are you putting in your overweight's?"... not sure what that has to do with anything, so are there any tips you vets can give this crappy driver(sups words) ??

Why don't you look for yourself and see what the numbers really say.. I'm my building they post all the stats from the day before each day. If you building doesn't ask to see the sheet.

There is no way you 2 hrs over paid if you only worked 9:00 hrs. Don't worry about adding a over weights in your Diad the times allowances gained aren't going to do anything. There isn't a time allowance for 10 50 lbs boxes and that takes a lot more time that 1 70 box.

Back to 2 hrs over if you are 2 hours over paid here are some tips.

1. Keep your conversations to a minimum and keep moving.
2. Stay off your phone.
3. Spend as little time in the back of the car as possible.
4. Sort your car
5. work a little faster (stop being a slug ) after all we get paid pretty dam good.
6. Have a plan for the day and execute it (don't just have a plan for the next stop)
7. STOP OVER THINKING THIS JOB ISN'T THAT HARD.

Overpaid Union Thug

I had 4 Orion rides. Three of which were "lock in" rides. My center manager didn't like the first or second lock ins, so I had a third lock in when they finally gave up. I asked for a copy of that last ride when I was given the copy to sign. Now, when I'm summoned to the center manager's office to talk about production I bring that lock in ride paper with me. The conversation usually ends there.
You should have Article 6ed that :censored2:e. A "lock in" can't exist except as an extra contract agreement.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Why don't you look for yourself and see what the numbers really say.. I'm my building they post all the stats from the day before each day. If you building doesn't ask to see the sheet.

There is no way you 2 hrs over paid if you only worked 9:00 hrs. Don't worry about adding a over weights in your Diad the times allowances gained aren't going to do anything. There isn't a time allowance for 10 50 lbs boxes and that takes a lot more time that 1 70 box.

Back to 2 hrs over if you are 2 hours over paid here are some tips.

1. Keep your conversations to a minimum and keep moving.
2. Stay off your phone.
3. Spend as little time in the back of the car as possible.
4. Sort your car
5. work a little faster (stop being a slug ) after all we get paid pretty dam good.
6. Have a plan for the day and execute it (don't just have a plan for the next stop)
7. STOP OVER THINKING THIS JOB ISN'T THAT HARD.
I would agree with you if it had not changed overnight. You do not go from hero to zero. number fanagling made it the way it is. You can be 2 hours over if the dispatch reports said they only gave you a 7 hour day and it took you 9 to do it. Gotta know the bs to understand the numbers. I know it all. :angel:And I hear the same crap day after day. No problem tho, I dont care anymore. Fair day, no matter what the op say.

geahanse

For commercial stops, using "office" as delivery location gives you the most time. Using "dock" gives you less time because they assume you don't leave your truck

S

selfcancelsignal

For commercial stops, using "office" as delivery location gives you the most time. Using "dock" gives you less time because they assume you don't leave your truck
Looks like another piece of good advice to start practicing.

UPSGUY72

I would agree with you if it had not changed overnight. You do not go from hero to zero. number fanagling made it the way it is. You can be 2 hours over if the dispatch reports said they only gave you a 7 hour day and it took you 9 to do it. Gotta know the bs to understand the numbers. I know it all. :angel:And I hear the same crap day after day. No problem tho, I dont care anymore. Fair day, no matter what the op say.

We don't know if it changed over night it could just be the flavor of the week and the OP has always been overpaid. Also from the OP other post his center is on ORION. That being said Orion figures out how long it should take to do the route based on distance, number of stops and types of Deliveries (NDA, Business NDAs, etc ). The days of management adding stops and wanting it done in the same amount of time are gone. They add stops these in a ORION center and the time to do the route goes up. The over under stop per car numbers are the only ones they can adjust but even if they do that it doesn't effect the Orion computed time it should take to do the route.

In the past they could add stops and expect you to get it done in the same amount of time those days are over with ORION. They can add stops that just adds time you get....

UPSGUY72

Stop trying to beat the system the time allowance difference between the two is probably 5 sec if there is any. They have different delivery point in the board so they know where you delivered the package when it turns up missing not to give you a time allowance....

I love it how everyone is trying to figure out how to screw the system instead of just doing the job.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Trying to fluff your time allowance by coding things one way or another is a losing game. Just do your job and don't worry about the numbers. No one ever got fired for doing their job.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Stop trying to beat the system the time allowance difference between the two is probably 5 sec if there is any. They have different delivery point in the board so they know where you delivered the package when it turns up missing not to give you a time allowance....

I love it how everyone is trying to figure out how to screw the system instead of just doing the job.
I don't think anyone i trying to get away with anything. It's more of trying to keep the man off our backs.

Bottom line is, the studies are bogus. A you said, do the job and don't worry about it.

UPSGUY72

I don't think anyone i trying to get away with anything. It's more of trying to keep the man off our backs.

Bottom line is, the studies are bogus. A you said, do the job and don't worry about it.

That could be true but if they are worrying about non existent time allowance...

Last edited:

SCV good to go sir.

I'll tell you what my shop steward told me when I asked him about over/under. "It's bull:censored2:, don't worry about it." Having said that, you still want to work hard while utilizing the methods.

Ms.PacMan

i scan the pkg as soon as I get out of the truck and stop complete on porch or wherever I'm at. Our manager told us to do this if we want credit for the steps we take when Orion comes. Is this bs?
I scan it while I'm walking if possible (per the methods) but I think that's BS because when they've shown my over/under allowed breakdowns for every stop I can tell that the clock started ticking when I scanned the first box and stopped at stop complete.

I don't try to bonus but I do try to stay off the effin reports and doing those two things "fixed" my time even though I had the exact same pace.

Another thing that helps is keeping your route as similar to the version that was time studied. Losing bulk stops and miles will kill you. And trying to keep your dispatch the same is a monumental task these days.

Splits can make or break you also. Think of an area that has nice resis and apartments. The whole area is time studied and given an average time for each stop but if you're unlucky enough to just get the apartments in a split then the time allotment will not be enough because it was an average of the whole loop. Meanwhile the other driver looks like a demon because his time allowance for the resis is actually more time than it really takes.