Any Top Gear Fans? (On Topic)

clean hairy

From what I could find, the overnight ratings show it continues its slide towards oblivion.
At least I have all seasons from 10-23 to watch.
Noticed on youtube, BBC now has "never seen before footage" that is being released.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
From what I could find, the overnight ratings show it continues its slide towards oblivion.
At least I have all seasons from 10-23 to watch.
Noticed on youtube, BBC now has "never seen before footage" that is being released.
They're saying that the ratings generally rise after the BBC iPlayer views are included. I guess it's pretty big in the UK. But still nowhere near the viewer levels of the previous presenters.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Even though the new one isn't nearly as good as Top Gear classic, it's still better than most of the other crap that's on at that time.

joeboodog

You could always turn it off and pick up a good book.
Have you ever actually watched the program? I enjoy their irreverent look at autos and driving issues. What is it that you particularly enjoy about the program? Are you a fan of the previous presenters or the new ones. How do you like the Stig?

joeboodog

"Craft Beers of Cleveland" doesn't count.
Actually I have read that book and it was a fascinating look at the history of brewing in Cleveland and how it mirrors the growth of brewing on a national level. Next on my list is one on the history of Jacobs Field and its impact on the Cleveland economy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have never nor will I ever watch the show.

I like making fun of car guys.

I just don't get the fascination of driving my fancy car to a car show and either sitting next to it all day while people walk by and look at it or walking around and looking at all of the other cars with their owners sitting next to them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually I have read that book and it was a fascinating look at the history of brewing in Cleveland and how it mirrors the growth of brewing on a national level. Next on my list is one on the history of Jacobs Field and its impact on the Cleveland economy.

I would think your next read would be "How Lebron Brought a Title to Cleveland and Then Went Back to Miami to Hang With Dwayne and Chris".

joeboodog

I have never nor will I ever watch the show.

I like making fun of car guys.

I just don't get the fascination of driving my fancy car to a car show and either sitting next to it all day while people walk by and look at it or walking around and looking at all of the other cars with their owners sitting next to them.
Then you miss the point of the program. They did a segment mocking those types of people and it was hilarious. Perhaps you should watch it. It's available on Netflix. You might get a chuckle or two and you would actually have some credibility while commenting on this thread.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I hadn't heard that. That would be a kick in the pants.

BTW, why do you have to call me an idiot? I'm just having a little fun with you "car guys" who are by far the most boring group of people I have ever met. Who the hell wants to sit in a parking lot or grassy field on a hot weekend either walking around looking at other cars or sitting there while complete strangers look at yours.

joeboodog

I hadn't heard that. That would be a kick in the pants.

BTW, why do you have to call me an idiot? I'm just having a little fun with you "car guys" who are by far the most boring group of people I have ever met. Who the hell wants to sit in a parking lot or grassy field on a hot weekend either walking around looking at other cars or sitting there while complete strangers look at yours.
Why do you feel the obsessive need to belittle people whose hobbies and interests differ from yours? I am by no means a car guy that lives to go to car shows but if that is what they enjoy, God love them.

oldngray

nowhere special
Why do you feel the obsessive need to belittle people whose hobbies and interests differ from yours? I am by no means a car guy that lives to go to car shows but if that is what they enjoy, God love them.

Top Gear is not aimed at those serious car guys. If anything it mocks them. It does provide some useful information mixed in with the humor though.

And if you don't like to watch those shows ... don't watch them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I drive by a local shoe store on my way back to the building. Every Friday night the car guys gather to show off their rides. They back in to a space, lift up their hoods, pull out a lawn chair and sit there for the next 2-3 hours.

The ironic part is that there are few if any actual spectators. It is the same people parking in the same spots sitting in the same chairs looking at the same cars week after week after week.