Any UPS Bodybuilders?

Anyone work out? or bodybuilders

im trying to think of foods to eat on the road and get my workouts in...

a friend of mine dropped 40lbs of muscle once he became a driver, i dont want this to happen to me.

whiskey

a friend of mine dropped 40lbs of muscle once he became a driver, i dont want this to happen to me.
Forty pounds, that's about par for the course. If you go to package, you'll need a little science to help you maintain what you already have.

stringerman85

Yeah, I am body building again now that i'm not driving. I had dropped about 25 lbs of muscle at the time just doing some seasonal driving the last couple years. I was so tired during the week that I found it really tough to continue working out when I was home, even on the weekends...I think whenever I go back to drive though I can still manage to keep my goals up....It was tough, especially when you're working the long days and not having all the big meals that you need to stay big. I've gained quite of bit of my muscle back but I'm like you, I'd hate to lose it again whenever I go back

I think just pack a bunch of little snacks during the day, Eat your normal lunch, and what I will do is probably load up on some protein bars in between, and some other higher protein snacks. work out on the weekends and maybe a evening during the week...good luck

22.34life

As a driver it will be hard to get your workouts in ,i mean will you do it early before work or after.I work in the hub so i get mine in before in the morning,i would be to worn out after to get a good workout in.but everbodys different,you should keep your carbs high if your worried about losing weight.I would use protein shakes during the day to help keep carbs and protein high,they are better than bars but bars are better than nothing.I personaly think that ups is counterproductive to bodybuilding but hey you gotta work right,the job has to much lifting your body never gets a chance to recover from your workouts.High carbs,high protein, 5 workouts a week max,and keep your cardio low or none if your worried about losing weight,good luck.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've been working on my body for 61 years. Its almost in perfect shape now-- that is if your idea of the perfect shape is "round".

Dagoof

Im a driver and I work out every day on my lunch break. Got a membership at a gym on route. I pack a large cooler full of food and I eat through the day. fruits and veggies protein bars a couple of sandwiches. Im lucky enough to have a gym nearby. Before the gym I bought some of the elastic bands and would workout in the back of the truck.

rod

Retired 22 years
I was hired in 1986 and I weighed 170lbs.
In 2009 I weigh 170lbs.
Must be the beer diet keeping me in shape.:peaceful:

I weighed 170 for the first 20+ years at UPS. Then I quit smoking on a saturday night and woke up sunday morning weighing 200. Thats about as fast as the weight came on.:wink2:

christian c

This job is absolutely horrible for BB. I waste so many calories and energy every day that I have given up on bodybuilding.( maybe i work too hard) Its POSSIBLE, but not at all practical as I would spend all my time outside of work eating, lifting and resting. This job does not really get you in shape muscle wise- it may be good for cardiovascular but thats about it. It is especially bad if you are a sorter or something and doing the same exact motion over and over again. Think about working during the summer burning calories in the heat before even doing any work. I stopped making gains and have struggled to keep what I have...and Im only part time preloader

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It really comes down to you and how important your workout is. I run and/or lift every day. During the week I roll out of bed by 0415 to get it done before work. It's a challenge, no question, and you have to make it a priority or it will fall by the wayside pretty quickly. Eating right is really not a big deal, pack a cooler with everything you need and snack all day.