Any word yet?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Goldilocks, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Goldilocks

Goldilocks Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything? Seems like our District is the last to know.

2. Same here. Haven't heard a word yet. Everybody's walking on egg shells around here rightnow.

3. fessup

fessup Member

Announced that there are very big changes. But no word what they are. Warned they could be anything

4. fessup

fessup Member

Just heard from old friend at another station that SM has called for volunteers to work on a task force for restructuring the PM side

5. fessup

fessup Member

SM mentioned possible loss of minimum hirs

6. Of course!

7. TUT

TUT Well-Known Member

Wed no? There is no leakage because it's insider info otherwise.

8. DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS Active Member

I heard that we are supposed to have a very big meeting in the near future...wonder what this will be about. As if....

9. TUT

TUT Well-Known Member

Your company is going public with it's plans Wed if you didn't know.

10. Rhoderunner

Rhoderunner Active Member

Can you provide a link to this info ? The meeting opens Tue and IMO they will make announcements then.

11. fessup

fessup Member

We are already getting whiffs from our SMs. I suspect that a lot of pm full time routes will be made part time

12. TUT

TUT Well-Known Member

Very well Tuesday then. I knew it was early/mid week when Fedex was announcing to the world where it's headed, I rec'd a mixed message last week on the exact day, I'm certain it's in news articles around the internets. The leaks I here is it's fairly big, which completely means it's insider knowledge territory, which means very very few will know about it prior to it being said. That's just how the world works. Only hours away to see if dreams here come true I suppose.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  13. fessup

fessup Member

Go FedEx website. Under investor relations or something. The whole program is laid out

14. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Will be a webcast tomorrow 0800 - 1600

15. Goldilocks

I heard 300 to 400 managers losing their jobs.....

16. Goldilocks

REALLY? Consistently ranked among the world's most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 300,000 team members to remain "absolutely, positively" focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities.

17. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

They sure walk that talk, don't they? Sounds a lot like some of their other favorite lines, like " left to pursue other career opportunities", and "FedEx denies any wrongdoing, and will vigorously defend itself in court". In other words, this is another FedEx empty phrase. Sounds good, hits all the proper talking points and means ZERO!! This company has hit a new high in Bullsheet production, so BZ's all around.

And we all know how "absolutely, positively", focused we are on safety, ethics and professional standards lately. Get me a shovel.

18. Roughrider

Roughrider New Member

We talking at express or services? Figured they would offer buyouts to the more highly tenured and highly paid before just laying off the lower paid managers

19. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

I just heard that MT3 was at the big station in Washington, DC, for an AM meeting this morning. He threw his hands in the air and tried to get the employees to repeat after him, "Ground is good". They all looked at him like he was crazy and burst out laughing. Lol.

20. FedExswing1998

FedExswing1998 New Member

Sounds like something MT3 would say on Frontline.