Anybody deliver to famous people?

satellitedriver

While filming Talladega Nights here in Charlotte, Will Ferrell stayed at one of my customer's houses. They were out of the country and knew someone who was on the filming crew and offered their home to who ever needed to stay there until the filming was complete. The home is in a gated community with a full time guard at the gate. Anyway, I made a delivery to that house one day and Will Ferrell answered the door. I wasn't a big fan at the time, so I didn't recognize him immediately. But I kept thinking, "where do I know that dude? Anyway, I was talking to the Fed Ex guy the next day and he mentioned that Will Ferrell was living there and all of a sudden it clicked. Damn, my first delivery to a celebrity and I didn't even know it.
Sorry, it just be me.
I have never enjoyed Will Ferrell's concept of comedy.
I just can't fade his style.
PAX

DS

Fenderbender
Every year Steve Montador of the florida panthers orders his suits from a tailor in my area,They send them in a big box that says,please keep upright.:funny:This year he put an $8000 value on it.Maybe it came wrinkled last time:sad-very:I also deliver to Matt Stajans grandmother(leafs defenceman)he sends her(numeric?) coins from where he plays on the road.I picked up a letter going to Jimmy Carter from the Korean consolate once.My 15 minutes of fame is yet to come.Look out world.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
I used to have a route with a lot of famous couples who all, by the way, are no longer couples. Madonna + Sean Penn, Richard Gere + Cindy Crawford, Robert Downey Jr. + Sara Jessica Parker, David Justice + Halley Berry. I also Delivered to a few before they were famous people like Quinton Tarrentino when he lived with mom. Paully Shore when he lived with Mitzy his mom. And alot of music industry people.
Almost forgot Jeff Goldblum + Geena Davis.

Since I transfered, the most famous person I now deliver to is Wally the "old timer" who drives his tractor up and down main-street every morning blocking traffic like he's still in the 1920's.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Scratch....I have trouble wrapping my mind around Will Ferrell's humor too. Maybe because it's pretty brainless, mostly silly.

Where are the Shelley Bermans & the Mort Sahls of today ??? Dennis Miller comes close.

#1angelfan

i see packages for kobe bryant's wife all the time. the driver that delivers to her says she is not a very nice person. i also see packages for chris pronger of the mighty ducks.

H

hseofpayne

The closest i can get is Stephen Colbert's father in law.

Who delivers to who? and do they tip?

Deilivered to Trisha Yearwoods parents, saw her and I think Garth there a couple times. I used to deliver to the keyboardists for the Rolling Stones, Chuck Leavell, got free tickets when they were in Atl. got to meet the other guys at concert.

scoobypanda

As a split guy I had a delivery for Steven Spielberg, but I couldn't deliver it because secret service shut down 1/2 town because President & Mrs.Clinton were staying there. Delivered to Roger Earl, drummer from Foghat, Jerome Swartz, founder of symbol technologies, rapper Tony Yayo, and guitar legend Richie Blackmore is now one of my regulars. He founded Deep Purple and Rainbow and I am there 2 or 3 times a week and this last Christmas was my 5th on the route and I have never got a dime from him or his lady......bummer

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't find Will Ferrell all that funny either......so if Dill, Scratch and I think he stinks, how is it that he makes so much $$$ with his movies??

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Clyde Drexler, Buck Williams, Clifford Robinson and Mark Bryant....I used to deliver to all of them back in the late 80's/early 90's when Blazermania was at its peak and the TrailBlazers went to the NBA finals twice.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't find Will Ferrell all that funny either......so if Dill, Scratch and I think he stinks, how is it that he makes so much $$$ with his movies??

Did you ever notice that once you have seen the movie preview for a Will Ferrell movie you have seen all of the funny parts -----so why pay the $$$ to see the rest of the garbage:peaceful:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
THE One & ONLY MR. BILL BUCKNER !!!!!! real nice guy,don't even go there !!!!! wasn't his fault and I did let him know that too!!