Anybody deliver to famous people?

UPS Lifer

My delivery area was right next to 20th Century Fox and Century City. It was very close to Beverly Hills so a lot of deliveries came with a Beverly Hills address LOL!
I drove back in the mid 1970's - most of you were probably not even born yet ... YIKES!

I delivered to two famous authors and some silent screen actors and actresses. All of my customers personally signed at one time or another. This was before DR.

Alex Haley - author of "Roots"
Ray Bradbury - who I think is still alive - He wrote Martian Chronicles, Fah. 451 and many more science fiction novels

Darla - from "Our Gang" - I found out later she was the mother of one of my drivers!!
Small World

My biggest coup was when I was setting up a new account in Hollywood. I had to go up to the penthouse for the sale. I realized when I walked through the door that it was not the penthouse..... it was "THE Penthouse" - headquarters for the magazine. A pre-requisite for working there was you had to be a Centerfold! WOW! No men worked there. All the centerfolds were posted on the walls with stacks of Penthouse magazines in the reception area. Needless to say I didn't get much work done that afternoon. .... but I did sign up Penthouse as an account!!!! I personally saw about 10 women and to know that each one was a centerfold was more than I could handle ... but I did remain cool and calm (At least I hope I did)!

filthpig

I guess my most famous is Joaquin Phoenix when he was making a movie here. Really nice, shorter than you'd think. Shane Battier (6'9" is REALLY tall) and David Gest (Liza Minelli's ex) is incredibly creepy.

filthpig

I guess my most famous is Joaquin Phoenix when he was making a movie here. Really nice, shorter than you'd think. Shane Battier (6'9" is REALLY tall) and David Gest (Liza Minelli's ex) is incredibly creepy.
David Gest is creepy, not Battier. Battier was really nice.

Big Babooba

My delivery area was right next to 20th Century Fox and Century City. It was very close to Beverly Hills so a lot of deliveries came with a Beverly Hills address LOL!
I drove back in the mid 1970's - most of you were probably not even born yet ... YIKES!

I delivered to two famous authors and some silent screen actors and actresses. All of my customers personally signed at one time or another. This was before DR.

Alex Haley - author of "Roots"
Ray Bradbury - who I think is still alive - He wrote Martian Chronicles, Fah. 451 and many more science fiction novels

Darla - from "Our Gang" - I found out later she was the mother of one of my drivers!!
Small World

My biggest coup was when I was setting up a new account in Hollywood. I had to go up to the penthouse for the sale. I realized when I walked through the door that it was not the penthouse..... it was "THE Penthouse" - headquarters for the magazine. A pre-requisite for working there was you had to be a Centerfold! WOW! No men worked there. All the centerfolds were posted on the walls with stacks of Penthouse magazines in the reception area. Needless to say I didn't get much work done that afternoon. .... but I did sign up Penthouse as an account!!!! I personally saw about 10 women and to know that each one was a centerfold was more than I could handle ... but I did remain cool and calm (At least I hope I did)!
Ray Bradbury is still with us: http://www.deadoraliveinfo.com/dead.nsf/bnames-nf/Bradbury+Ray

I would have to roll up my tongue and stick it back into my mouth at that Penthouse stop though - and never tell my wife about it either.:wink2:

CBUK

Rubens Barichello the F1 driver. I delivered a Crash Helmet to his house in Cambridge UK.

Just last week I had a parcel for Claudia Schiffer who has a UK home near my local centre. She wasn't in but the housekeeper signed.:dissapointed::dissapointed:

Raw

Raw Member
I`ve delivered to H H and L M P in the past and currently deliver to C G and A D, both are very down to earth and chat with me when I give them their deliveries.

ol'browneye

When I delivered in the St. Louis area I saw a few sports people.

Whitey Herzog
Jose Oquendo
Dan Dierdorf (got an autograph on a delivery notice)
I delivered to Tom Pagnozzi's house and saw the note and $10 he left for the kid who cuts his grass!
Andres Gallaraga
Ray Lankford (a very attractive wife who was all embarassed that I caught her in her nightgown!)
Glen Featherstone ( I think he played for the Blues)
A driver I know was Joe Buck's driver. He gave Joe tomatos from his garden. This guy raked in at Christmas!
And last but not least, my brother once had to unclog Farah Fawcett's clogged up toilet in her hotel room!

JohnnyPension

As a trainee I helped a driver at Xmas time in NY. He gave me a package to deliver to Divine from Pink Flamingos, the John Waters movie. Later in my career, Dr Ruth was one of my regulars.

John

poozer2000

I have delivered a rare book to Patrick Stewart, also "Fred Elliot" from coronation street and Lord March is a regular customer. on my colleages route he delivers to Keith Richards (rolling stones) and robert smith from "the cure" also from our center we deliver to madonna and sting

give me a shout if you want coronation street spoilers