Anybody else getting complaints about the implementation of DIM weight change?

rangerops

Just curious to know if other drivers hearing complaints from pick up customers. I had another customer complain to me. They said its a pain in the *ss measuring all the time and also the rates increased. They said if you are going to raise the rates, fine, but they are more pissed about having to do more work and measure packages. They want to find another shipper. What are your experiences?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Where are these shippers going to go? The USPS has been using DW long before we changed over to it. They have come out with flat rate packaging to make it easier and faster for some.

Notretiredyet

Had a customer show me how even a small 6x8x10 pkg added $5 to charge when dims are entered. FedEx doing same thing, believe this will send more people to USPS for the small stuff.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Somebody splain' DIM?
Dimensional Pricing based on the dimensions of the package or the actual weight ... whichever is higher.

The UPS Sales mantra has been longer, bigger and heavier (please I've, control yourself) for many years.
A small lightweight package going to a Zone 1 or 2 has very little profit margin until Dimensional Pricing is implemented.

Just curious to know if other drivers hearing complaints from pick up customers. I had another customer complain to me. They said its a pain in the *ss measuring all the time and also the rates increased. They said if you are going to raise the rates, fine, but they are more :censored2: about having to do more work and measure packages. They want to find another shipper. What are your experiences?
Be glad for it as it helps pay for the friend/T UPS drivers compensation.
Shorter, smaller and lighter paid for the P/Timers already.

Bottom rung

Dimensional Pricing based on the dimensions of the package or the actual weight ... whichever is higher.

The UPS Sales mantra has been longer, bigger and heavier (please I've, control yourself) for many years.
A small lightweight package going to a Zone 1 or 2 has very little profit margin until Dimensional Pricing is implemented.

Be glad for it as it helps pay for the friend/T UPS drivers compensation.
Shorter, smaller and lighter paid for the P/Timers already.
You act like management makes peanuts. Were you guys trained to spew this crap?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You act like management makes peanuts. Were you guys trained to spew this crap?
Management has been cut back over 50% and we have to pay for part of our health insurance!

I learned all my smart-butt relies on here BTW.

PS - Your avatar shows up all over the place! What's up with that?

O/C

Management has been cut back over 50% and we have to pay for part of our health insurance!

You still have better pension benefits and the opportunity to retire at 55 you got to admit that.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bottom rung

That's good that they have. What's left still don't do anything but write warning letters. Because if they fixed something they would have to admit they made a mistake so that will never happen. Might as well get rid of some more dead weight. I posted in a tread about it this week. Whenever I look at subscribed threads, everyone has my avatar.

Bottom rung

You still have better pension benefits and the opportunity to retire at 55 you got to admit that.

Sent using BrownCafe App
That's where a bargaining unit helps you. All you union haters are just jelly you don't have bargaining power. I'll admit it's nice and all of us will need early retirement after the punishing stop counts day in and day out. So there's some give and take. We give up our body, you....your soul.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's where a bargaining unit helps you. All you union haters are just jelly you don't have bargaining power. I'll admit it's nice and all of us will need early retirement after the punishing stop counts day in and day out. So there's some give and take. We give up our body, you....your soul.
I always relish the "management gives up their soul" reply ... that's when I know I won in the game of life.

I always relish the "management gives up their soul" reply ... that's when I know I won in the game of life.
tumblr_n5s6pyIzTC1rdredko1_500.jpg

O/C

I am one of you...not in management and will never be...just trying to prove a point about the uneven playing field with long term management and hourly employees retirement benefits currently.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I am one of you...not in management and will never be...just trying to prove a point about the uneven playing field with long term management and hourly employees retirement benefits currently.
Give him some slack ... he's got a few broken rungs in his ladder!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yeah I had a customer get whacked with an $180 surcharge on their account for forgetting to input the dimensions on a single NDA package.