Anybody else see these cell phones for the express side

Slick silver

So apparently we are moving to a cell phone next year to use as our power pad. Wonder why this has taken this long to do this. Looks pretty cool, has your whole route on a map all loaded in

Sign___Here

Was told of them 3 Weeks ago by SM. haven't seen them though. Powerpads 5-6 years old didn't use half the technology on them, seems like a huge waist of money. But I guess that's Fed Ex.

Oldfart

Was told of them 3 Weeks ago by SM. haven't seen them though. Powerpads 5-6 years old didn't use half the technology on them, seems like a huge waist of money. But I guess that's Fed Ex.
Powerpads are past their life expectancy. They can't keep up with what we are doing now. Sure can't expect them to handle any enhancements. Have seen the new Samsung units. They tested some at our station a while back.

Sparky

Hopefully the battery life will be good, picked up a Google Pixel and the battery lasts 2 days with light use and more than all day with heavy use, nav, and streaming music.

!Retired!

Our DM mentioned this at a meeting a couple of months ago. She said it's supposed to have turn by turn directions. I didn't think of it then, but wouldn't using one while working go against company policy against using electronic devices while driving?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our DM mentioned this at a meeting a couple of months ago. She said it's supposed to have turn by turn directions. I didn't think of it then, but wouldn't using one while working go against company policy against using electronic devices while driving?

Will you be holding it in your hand while driving?

Serf

I have seen DHL use what looks like an iPhone5 with a military grade protective case on it. Very tactical.:batman2: