Anybody ever have a bird fly in their cab?

Tough Guy

I was delivering a farm type place, long way off the road; have to drive through some low hanging branches.

Well I guess A bird happened to be perched in one of the branches I brushed against and it entered the cab on the driver side. After a few moments of utter chaos of the bird fluttering around the cab, it made its way out the passenger side door.

I've had bees, spiders, even a praying mantis on my leg while driving. Never had a bird before today though. Lol.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Had I driver once return to the building and couldn't get his vehicle thru the open overhead door . Seems there was a large branch sticking into the top of the cab . He stated that he hit a bump and heard a loud noise , but just continued doing his stops without noticing the branch .
Last I heard he was employee of the month at Home Depot .

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Driver here hit a large bird at highway speed. Shattered the RH
windshield of an 800. He drove back to the center with broken glass and large dead bird on the cab floor.

2a41be7759d5c34ecd4974cdecb32d07.jpg

Put the evidence in the car, son.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Had the counter clerk go out into the yard a couple weeks ago to get a package, opened the bulkhead door and boom, a bird was flying around. I guess the driver never noticed it. He said it scared the crap out of him. Couldn't get it out and didn't tell a soul. The parker ran out of the truck like there was an alligator in there. We all had a good laugh afterwords.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Had a driver long ago that was terrified of snakes, but always bragged about what a tough bastard he was. A fellow driver placed a rubber snake on shelf 2 during the sort and load.
Driver A goes in to load, and doesn't notice the snake until he's placing a pkg on the shelf, and flings the thing up while running screaming out the back door.
He calms down, proceeds to load again, and is again scared by the same rubber snake!

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
When the buzzards are feeding on roadkill ahead, I start blowing the horn at 1/4 mile away. The last thing I need is buzzard guts wrapped around the front of the truck.

StopTheAct

Lol, not in my cab... but i was driving and some vultures were feeding on roadkill... when i was passing one tried to fly away and got stuck in between my passenger side mirror, and was hanginging by his neck..... thankfully i was in a safe area and was able to pull over..... i wish i could of caught this on camera, but I jumped to safety first as always.... the bird eventually fell out... but for the rest of the day, till i found a hose... i had guts that dried up and the worst smell ever...

Dr.Brownz

Was just thinking about this scenario yesterday. I chased a bird, he was literally about 2 feet off the windshield for about ten seconds

During peak the deer all came down into town after a snowfall and one day a pack of 5 crossed the road and bounded down a side street, the same one I was about to turn on to. They watched me for my next 5 stops, running further down the street every time I moved the PC till they bounded up a dirt hillside and disappeared....till the next day when I saw them all again feeding on a lawn about a block away.

I hit a pigeon years ago as I passed under a hwy overpass on the way back to our hub. It hit so hard that it's brains exploded out of its head and landed on the hood. When I got back, I casually told the carwash guy to make sure to hose the brains off the hood. He looked at me like I was crazy. The next night when I saw him, he asked, "Is that really what that was?"

HBGPreloader

Had the counter clerk go out into the yard a couple weeks ago to get a package, opened the bulkhead door and boom, a bird was flying around. I guess the driver never noticed it. He said it scared the crap out of him. Couldn't get it out and didn't tell a soul. The parker ran out of the truck like there was an alligator in there. We all had a good laugh afterwords.
That happened to me once too. And, yes, it (almost) does scare the crap out of ya.

TheScratchKid

I hit a pigeon years ago as I passed under a hwy overpass on the way back to our hub. It hit so hard that it's brains exploded out of its head and landed on the hood. When I got back, I casually told the carwash guy to make sure to hose the brains off the hood. He looked at me like I was crazy. The next night when I saw him, he asked, "Is that really what that was?"
I thought we had a deal with them?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We've had 2 turkeys come thru the passenger side windshield and on thru the passenger door glass. Both drivers are lucky it wasn't the driver window. Otherwise dogs have been the speed bump as of late. Not listed as accidents

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We have had nests in the package cars out in the boneyard. Usually around October when they toss them in "service" there aren't any birds left around except the large amount of crap in the floor and dash.