Anybody ever have a bird fly in their cab?

Cementups

Box Monkey
I was pulling out of the building one day and I stopped to wait for the door to open. Next thing I know something flies in the passenger door and lands on my shirt right on the UPS emblem. I flailed my arms like a little girl quickly freaking out, knocked it off and it flew out the driver's side door. It was only when it flew back in the driver's side door that I realized it was a bat. It flew right out the passenger door, did a U-turn and buzzed my face one last time before heading back out the driver's side door never to be seen again. Took a few seconds to recover from the WTF moment and carried on with my day.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
In feeders, in time, you will wear deer. I've take so many pictures, I've end up deleting most of them. This one hit the driver side of my tractor and rumbled along my rig all the way back to the rear tires and bumper. It's amazing how they end up looking like they got airbrushed on our equipment. And yes, you always end up answering a load of questions from a supervisor, wondering if you couldn't have avoided the deer.
IMG_3134.JPG

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
We still were able to make service on a road call for a set of 100% doubles after being disabled with a Black Bear. Never thought one animal could make a red streak on the road that long.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Years ago, I stopped at a house to deliver a box that needed the back door open.
When I returned I noticed a bird flew in and was sitting on a shelf.
My next stop was 3 houses up, so I left the back door and bulkhead door open and slowly drove hoping the movement would startle him out the back door.
It did, but he chose to go through the front and snapped his neck on the windshield.
SMH

images

UPSGUY72

I almost hit a deer last week. Slammed to breaks on in a P500 As I slowed down it stop stood right out side of the passenger side door and looked at me. Than took off into the woods.

I have killed a couple of birds that just aren't that bright flying in front of a moving vehicle.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My package car was sent away for some work at an outside shop years ago. It must have sat at their place with a door open. When I got it back there was a bird nest in the cab above the door.