Anybody got the new feeder IVIS?

Highwayman

I just started with it last week. Looks like it works ok but it also seems like they will be able to monitor us more closely. They will also be able to send us messages kind of like the package car system.:happy2:

feeder

Central Pa Member
I've been on it for 2 months, right now its great, but when first installed there were alot of bugs they had to deal with. Over all, the new ivis works well with my run...

bluehdmc

We don't have it in NJ, but I saw one in a Harrisburg, PA drivers truck. It's a touch screen, no smart card, he explained they had one by dispatch that you would punch in at. Then you get in your tractor, punch in, and it would download your job. He said it only communicated with the hub within a certain distance. He didn't know how far but it can't track you across country, just within range of the hub. When you get in range it downloads all your data. He said they weren't getting anymore of them, maybe too many kinks?
He did say if you touched the screen when you were driving it would change, (like TA), ivis won't do that.
Of course they can't discipline you for data off the ivis, but then they could follow you. I don't know if it's got all the info like the telematics does in package, (seat belt, etc). Looks like some other "whizbang" toy the geeks got, instead of something useful like air suspension or remote control mirrors.

feeder

Central Pa Member
Here is the pics...!!!
!cid__0611090118.jpg
!cid__0611090128.jpg
!cid__0706091735.jpg

Last edited:

Raw

Raw Member
[WIKI]
Some day if your lucky RAW you will get to order FEEDAH PANTS !!
[/WIKI
In my over 20 years of pkg. car I`ve had numerous occasions to go into feeder but declined as to keep my health either by not getting fat or not getting blood clots from sitting for hours at a time.

Raw

Raw Member
How come feeder drivers don't limp and walk like they've been beat with a 2 by 4 as they walk out the gate?

On the contrary I am 6`3' and 194lbs and after over 20 years of pkg. car I have no aches or pains and walk with a quick non limping pace and am even more physically active at the gym before I go to work and on weekends of outdoors activities.

Highwayman

When you punch leave and the truck moves the screen shuts off. I tried touching the screen while driving and it does not come on. My feeder supe said when fully implemented it will hook up to sat and be able to track us and send messages,it does have an antenna like XM.