Anybody have problems with their trucks this peak?

I ask cause today for about 4 stops, the truck would not turn on or open the package door via fob so my driver had to do the manual key entry. I overheard my driver also had some headlight issues the other day as well.

What about you? anything happen to your PC this peak season?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I ask cause today for about 4 stops, the truck would not turn on or open the package door via fob so my driver had to do the manual key entry. I overheard my driver also had some headlight issues the other day as well.

What about you? anything happen to your PC this peak season?
Just this
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1450407898.787273.jpg

Rack em

Made the Podium
Cars are always gonna have problems and some centers only have one mechanic, or at least our center does. They can only do so much work each night!

wayfair

swollen member
the CE light came on today, ABS light came on last week and the SB light won't shut off... I'm waiting 2 more weeks...

Dr.Brownz

Nope, I didnt get one of the "new" trucks from another center.

They gave us a truck last peak that would die 4 or 5 times in the morning while trying to get out of the building but was "fine once you get going" in the words of my sup. That truck would regularly need 30 seconds or more of holding down the green button to start.

Box Ox

Cars are always gonna have problems and some centers only have one mechanic, or at least our center does. They can only do so much work each night!

I know, right? Just write "Part on order" in the DVIR book and you're done! That dead horn can wait, mister!

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Camera monitor would not come on at startup multiple times throughout the day, write it up and mechanic states cannot duplicate problem. Next day same thing happens, I write it up and under it I write need to start the truck more than once to duplicate problem. Truck taken out of line up. Duh

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Not easy dealing with everything in a 2-3 hour window of time with 40 or more vehicles assigned to you. No red tagging allowed unless it is absolutely necessary. Even then it is not allowed for more than 2 days no matter what it is.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Package cars get hammered every day, different drivers, inexperienced or uncaring drivers. I can't believe we don't have more issues with them.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
The driver I'm with has had some problems with the PC not wanting to start at times. Sometimes it won't pop open the door either. So he ends up using the remote. Also at one point he had some problems with the horn. He just pried the cover off dumped some water on the contacts and wiped it off. The horn works fine now.

margaritaville

Mine has been shooting out a ton of exhaust and making my stomach hurt and oil filter light comes on once in awhile. Wrote it up but im worried ill just end up with a worst one monday for my cut route. Better not get a uhual.

clean hairy

Not easy dealing with everything in a 2-3 hour window of time with 40 or more vehicles assigned to you. No red tagging allowed unless it is absolutely necessary. Even then it is not allowed for more than 2 days no matter what it is.
I can see it now
"Brake pedal goes to floor, no brakes!"
Mechanic response:
"OK to run, E-Brake works fine. Use E-Brake to stop vehicle"

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
I can see it now
"Brake pedal goes to floor, no brakes!"
Mechanic response:
"OK to run, E-Brake works fine. Use E-Brake to stop vehicle"
Not sure how well that would work in a UPS truck. I had to do that in my own personal vehicle once.