Anybody heard of Access Point?

clean hairy

One factor is how much space these stores will require to store the packages.
COD's can be left there as well?
How will these businesses show proof it was given to the right person? Will they have diads?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

How will these businesses show proof it was given to the right person? Will they have diads?
I'm sure there is a retail software in development similar to the UPS store.

Z

ZQXC

.....just imagine the nightmare of a driver followup.

O/C

Certain packages cannot be directed to access, COD, signature required, firearms, legal drug shipments and hazmats. As much fraud that is going on, it sounds like a bonanza for people with criminal intent. Other than that it might work.

Sent using BrownCafe App

sandwich

The resident gearhead
This is why I'm glad I'm in a 99% industrial center. Mass pickups on every route along with a ton of bulk stops and business stops. And like 10 resi stops. Would be nice to just drop them at one spot lol.

Geo926

Its there rodeo. I am along for the cashhhhhhhhhhhh. Complaints- crying -arguing ,do no good, you should just talk to your PC you will get the same answer. Go in pick up diad go deliver get paid. Rinse and repeat MON-FRI.

Amen brother

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

We have access point.....its like anything new program ups puts out(not well thought out and sups dont know what to do).....there goal is to eliminate the customer counter

Tiny Panda

We started using them in the UK a year or so ago, we were a couple of years behind other delivery companies and UPS won't use big corporate stores but instead independent or franchise stores so they are not linked to certain companies.
A lot of the stores chosen are totally unsuitable, the one on my route has no parking anywhere near so neither me nor the customers can easily drop off or pick up. They have no storage so can't leave anything bigger than a shoebox and customers can't drop off anything bigger. Some stores are busy and as someone else said it's about getting foot traffic in the door for the store owner as more of an incentive as UPS pay very little.

Also, if a customer can't be bothered to go and collect it we have to go back and collect it and redeliver it back to them.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
We started using them in the UK a year or so ago, we were a couple of years behind other delivery companies and UPS won't use big corporate stores but instead independent or franchise stores so they are not linked to certain companies.
A lot of the stores chosen are totally unsuitable, the one on my route has no parking anywhere near so neither me nor the customers can easily drop off or pick up. They have no storage so can't leave anything bigger than a shoebox and customers can't drop off anything bigger. Some stores are busy and as someone else said it's about getting foot traffic in the door for the store owner as more of an incentive as UPS pay very little.

Also, if a customer can't be bothered to go and collect it we have to go back and collect it and redeliver it back to them.
Sounds like fun. Can't wait.

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?
We started the access point in my center. Each route is given a specific AP and certain areas and packages can go he so we can lower the send agains in our building.

We had 2 AP's quit because they were getting too many packages, now all of them go to one which he range is anywhere from 1-15 miles away.

*shrugs shoulders* I still get paid so idk

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I can see the benefits of access points in the city. Places where people don't have cars like Manhattan because they don't need them, or like the ghetto I work in where many people don't have cars because they can't afford them. You can't release to a lot of these places and they can't get to the customer counter to pick them up so it's NI1,2,3 and back to shipper we go.

Outside the city, the option just wouldn't be of value to any customers to which I've delivered.

worldwide

I can see the benefits of access points in the city. Places where people don't have cars like Manhattan because they don't need them, or like the ghetto I work in where many people don't have cars because they can't afford them. You can't release to a lot of these places and they can't get to the customer counter to pick them up so it's NI1,2,3 and back to shipper we go.

Outside the city, the option just wouldn't be of value to any customers to which I've delivered.

Agreed - this is not really a solution for a rural area - it's for urban areas where driver release is not an option and NI1, 2, 3 are a daily occurrence.

This is kind of a goofy video, but it describes the service pretty well.
UPS Access Point

S

selfcancelsignal

I could see it being nice in the winter for rural route drivers to soften the ECD blows. Take to your 4 small town Co-ops. 'Course they'd cut routes & add a couple more towns to your route, so... Not so much.