Anybody Working Good Friday?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I worked 11.2 hours today. Its a good thing I beat ORION by 26 miles or I would still be out there...waiting for s tow truck to bring me enough fuel to get back to the building.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Gave an ETA of 7pm to avoid having to help any other drivers. Then punched out at 5pm for 7 1/2 hours and 1/2 hour guarantee. Really thought my pickups would be heavier. Too bad they were closed.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Gave an ETA of 7pm to avoid having to help any other drivers. Then punched out at 5pm for 7 1/2 hours and 1/2 hour guarantee. Really thought my pickups would be heavier. Too bad they were closed.
You can get in trouble for punching out before your end time on code 6 because then you are literally stealing time. You're guaranteed 8 hours pay but you have to give them an opportunity to give you something to do to fill the 8 hours. I even got threatened for going code 5 without permission once at 315pm one day when I was super light.

upschuck

Shouldn't Orion give an ETA anyways. They can see where we're at, how many stops done, how many have left, how many miles done(?), how many miles left(?), why can't the all knowing Orion compute a real-time ETA?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Whether you had an easy day or the usual over dispatched mess I hope everyone has a truly blessed Easter. May God bless all of you.