Anyone care to speculate on why UPS insiders are selling UPS stock?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by InsideUPS, Mar 19, 2013.

1. InsideUPS

InsideUPS Active Member

Just curious for those of you "in the know" it normal for UPS insiders such as Michael Eskew, Kurt Kuehn, Alan Gershenhorn, and Christine Owens to sell this much UPS stock?

UPS Insider Trading.png
    UPS Insider Trading.png
  2. balland chain

balland chain Member

Seems strange,, unless they need fuel up their Yacht...
  3. stealstime

stealstime New Member

Is it maybe because they know the contract negotiations may not be going well! Or as previously stated they may need fuel for their yacht. I feel for them, it must be tough in this economy!
  4. balland chain

balland chain Member

Yeah, poor babies......
  5. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

FedEx earnings report comes out Wednesday... Selling high?
  6. ibleedbrown

ibleedbrown Active Member

recent economic problems in Europe i.e Cyprus are scaring everyone's future economic outlook. they might be afraid the developments in Cyprus could start a domino effect that could crash the euro and eventually hurt and possibly crash the dollar, perhaps they have this on their minds along w the ups contract talks and negotiations that could hurt ups stock.
  7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Thought they would take advantage of the high stock price or just to diversify. It's not good to hold that much of 1 stock.
  8. UPS Preloader

UPS Preloader Active Member

Because they don't trust or have any faith in UPS? (Sorry, that's just me...)
  9. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

This, price is high and its a good idea to diversify.
  10. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

expecting the unexpected
  11. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

they have been reading brown cafe and know we are willing to fight.
  12. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

The price is high right now. Many believe that the contract will be settled in a couple of weeks. The Teamsters are going to crow on and on and on about the 'richest contract in the history of UPS' and Wall Street will sell off UPS.

Can't have the middle class taking their share.

If I held that many shares, I would do the same.
  13. bluehdmc

bluehdmc Well-Known Member

I believe Mike Eskew is also on the board of directors at IBM, so I'm sure he has a few shares of that.

A lot of people in their position sell x # shares of stock on the open market and then buy shares at a lower price that's part of their compensation package. Or the company is supposed to be buying back shares, maybe they sold them directly to the company.
  14. stink219

stink219 Well-Known Member

Maybe they sold because I was 2.5 hours paid over yesterday?
  15. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Because customer service is gone. Its about numbers and profits
  16. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Couldn't imagine having that many shares of stock. I think the 20 bucks I'm up is great. Wonder if they are happy? Or grouchy crones
  17. balland chain

balland chain Member

When you have that kind of scratch, greed takes over,and no matter how much you have you are never I would assume grouchy crones...
  18. balland chain

balland chain Member

Sad but so true....
  19. brown bomber

brown bomber brown bomber

I've sold mine also.....what's wrong with buying low and selling high, I think the stock is currently a multi-year high (maybe 10 year high). I'd dump every available share
  20. You will never go broke taking a profit!