anyone confused?

A

anon

I changed the options to "show newest post first" but it still shows the oldest first. What do I do?
On the old board the most recently active threads seemed to work their way to the top. What do the different colored envelopes mean?
Call me simple but I think I liked the old board better.

moreluck

golden ticket member
anon...if you changed the options to have the latest post first, you have to click on "#1" instead of "last page" to view the posts now.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Under "user cp" in the top left corner. Then the options will come up with a menu down the lfet side of page. I just played around in there for awhile.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
double_standard said:
where`s the options located?
The User CP text link in the upper left hand corner of the navigation bar at the top of your screen. User CP means user control panel and you can set a lot of your options there.

U

Unregistered

I still haven't found the "user cp" in the upper left corner. I did find a drop down window in the lower right corner.
To illustrate how screwed up I am....I can't log on using my user name that I have used for sometime..."trickpony1".
Call me simple, stupid, whatever...I want the old board back.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Unregistered said:
I still haven't found the "user cp" in the upper left corner. I did find a drop down window in the lower right corner.
To illustrate how screwed up I am....I can't log on using my user name that I have used for sometime..."trickpony1".
Call me simple, stupid, whatever...I want the old board back.
I double checked your account and generated a password reset email. Click the link in the email and it will reset you account and let you choose a new password.

If you have any problem with this process send me a private message by clicking on my user name and choosing "send a private message".

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I had a problem with accessing the site also, with the changing of the password. Took 5 or 6 times but finally got in. Seems like It was trying to get me to register as Private_dannyboy.

d

U

Unregistered

I have tried to log in after I registered with the username and password I picked and it keeps saying I am wrong. I registered like it told me, clicked on the link in the email and it said I was registered. Then I hit remind me of my password and I still haven't gotten an email. I give up....call me simple too but I like the other way better.

ups79

Cheryl:anyway to skip some threads(such as "Heard any good ones", "Whats cooking", and the third thread of moreluck, forgive I can't think of it) when using next thread or previous thread?

trickpony1

I think I got it

ok2bc,
Cheryl was kind enough to help me resolve this issue...I think.
This is my first official post since we untangled my mess.
I still haven't figured out where the spell checker is....for those of us who aren't able to use a dictionary (hard copy or website)
Thanks.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
::hanging my head in shame::

The spell checker that came with this board program would work for people that use internet explorer, if they download and install a plug in. That's not good enough for me. I want to find one that works for every browser and doesn't require users to download anything.

There doesn't seem to be much available as far as spell check plug ins, at least not as far as I can find. I know that some of our users frequent other boards that are run on the same program as this board. If you see a better spell check installed on one of those board please let me know.

my2cents

I'm an IE user and installed the freeware spell check from ieSpell.com. It installs an icon on the top tool bar and adds a couple of options on the pull-down tools menu. I just tested it on this post and it works OK. The only downside I can see would be uninstalling it because there is no option for doing it. I plan to also use it for those occasions when filling out web forms.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

ups79 said:
Cheryl:anyway to skip some threads ... when using next thread or previous thread?
Here's what I do:

Log into the board and mark the entire forum using the "Mark Forums Read" text link on the main page. From then on I just log in to the board and check the New Posts link. Only posts that were made after my last visit will appear.

There are also other ways to manage the posts here. Within the User Control Panel you can view threads that you have subscribed to. I'll bet that there are also other ways that I'm not aware of.

We do also have the option of reorganizing the board for everyone by splitting up the topics into categories so people could go right to the category that they are interested in. Anyone have an opinion about which type of topic organization works best?

ok2bclever

I Re Member
Firefox also has a free downloadable plug in to spell check, but again it's browser oriented, not specific for such as this board.

It does work in a fashion on this board, but when you use it to make a change it changes the formatting of the corrected word and color to the highlighted default ones it uses.

ok2bclever

I Re Member
There is also a small free downloadable program called WordWeb which is not a spell checker persay, but an online dictionary and thesaurus.