anyone else delivering saturday ground?

We are sweeping all the UPS stores for ground and picking up large retail outlets. No ground pay last Saturday. May have to look into the pay. Get paid ground rate Monday through Friday.

Raw

Raw Member
I am asked almost daily if I want to work local sort, do airport shuttle, work Saturdays, yada,yada.....answer is ALWAYS NO !!!!!!

barnyard

KTM rider
We are all caught up. They were looking for 2 people to help with Saturday air. I thought about it, have the hours available. Just don't want to.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
its not an issue of not being caught up in our building, its more of an advance on Mondays volume. my original question was really to find out if Saturday ground in December is a common past practice and/or if its happening elsewhere. i understand most of you on this forum are drivers and I'm sure either are out of hours or just burnt out. past peaks when i was still on preload, we would work a friday night to just unload a few trailers, sort and precharge the boxline to lighten up Sunday nights preload.

Indecisi0n

its not an issue of not being caught up in our building, its more of an advance on Mondays volume. my original question was really to find out if Saturday ground in December is a common past practice and/or if its happening elsewhere. i understand most of you on this forum are drivers and I'm sure either are out of hours or just burnt out. past peaks when i was still on preload, we would work a friday night to just unload a few trailers, sort and precharge the boxline to lighten up Sunday nights preload.

Nope. Last year we had hundreds of missed daily and never ran Saturdays. I think that mostly had to do for the fact that all drivers were maxed out on DOT.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have 19 minutes available; I would be more than happy to report to work for 19 minutes and go home as long as I get my 8 hr gurantee.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I would volunteer for a tuesday-saturday shift for peak season. This way we gain a saturday of residential deliveries. I would suspect on a saturday a driver would be able to do more stops per hour then a regular business day do to less traffic. Also it would help in getting those pesky time consuming signature required send-again packages out of the system. We get slammed with cases of wine and all kinds of signature required packages during peak.

If nothing else, use some of the seasonal hires for a tuesday-saturday shift. Lessons the chance of an accident. Keeps them in the residential sections. Less chance of the screwing up commercial stops and pickups. Probably more productive too.
Actually in different scenarios depending on where you live or deliver, theres actually more traffic on the weekends than during the week especially on a saturday.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
we are today. first time i can remember ups doing this. we're going to be doing this for the next three Saturdays and possibly the last Sunday before Xmas as well. yeah, i think I'll drag my butt in for 50 bucks an hour.
Only way i would even remotely think about coming in on a saturday after getting the living piss beat out of me all week, would be for triple time and JUMP loves loves loves cheese too lmfao.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We are sweeping all the UPS stores for ground and picking up large retail outlets. No ground pay last Saturday. May have to look into the pay. Get paid ground rate Monday through Friday.
You have contractual rights to receive ground pay if you sweep UPS stores. If your center management wants to fight you, mention you'll also note in your greivance you wish receive penalty pay (1/2 times your guarantee,) ontop of what's owed to you, for every week they delay. Article 17.

I'd also like to mention if you're running ground pay 5 days as a PT and do Saturday as you described, you receive OT on ground pay. If you work one day during the week as a air driver you are still eligible for the ground pay on Sat, but not OT.

Last edited: