Anyone else do this....

Z

ZQXC

When walking up to a house I like to look for identity clues. Small monogram yard flag, doormat with name or monogram, door knocker, vanity plates, name written in magic marker on cooler top..... That type of thing.

Before some smart :censored2: from NY says that he knows know every possible address on his bid route and who lives there, I also have a bid route, and I can deliver many stops from just the name.

I just find it an interesting pastime.....

oldngray

nowhere special
When walking up to a house I like to look for identity clues. Small monogram yard flag, doormat with name or monogram, door knocker, vanity plates, name written in magic marker on cooler top..... That type of thing.

Before some smart :censored2: from NY says that he knows know every possible address on his bid route and who lives there, I also have a bid route, and I can deliver many stops from just the name.

If you are on a route long enough you will seldom look at house numbers because you will be able to describe details of what most houses look like just from the customer names.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm paranoid now. I look for dog clues. Dog bowl, bed, chewed up toy in the yard (the bigger the toy, the bigger the dog), garage partially open, etc.

I do try to verify I'm at the right place by looking for your clues too. Too many houses with no numbers.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If you are on a route long enough you will seldom look at house numbers because you will be able to describe details of what most houses look like just from the customer names.
I covered one route every day for about half a year where the route was almost a complete average sized town. You could ask me right now just about anyone's name in the town, what their house looks like, where they work, their spouse, kids, neighbors, where they used to live, etc and I could rattle it all off. Cut to today where my bid route is a city route and I only know the people in my businesses and a handful of cool old black ladies (my QVC queens). What a difference. Can't wait until I have enough seniority for a decent area to get back out into rural America.

O

OLDMAN3

Yep, I can relate. I try to figure out their interests, politics, religion etc. just from the outward stuff. Too much information can sometimes get you in trouble.:innocent:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I find it fascinating how many people are hoarders. That's all I ever look for.
Don't know why..

I find it fascinating how many people will spend hundreds / thousands on landscaping, custom ornamental iron, or other things but their yard has dog crap everywhere or the inside looks like a bull ran through there.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I find it fascinating how many people are hoarders. That's all I ever look for.

Don't know why..
HOLY COW. I know! I saw a car the other day where it was literally piled up to the ceiling everywhere except the driver seat. I had to go look in the garage. I walked up the driveway and peaked in the window of the garage but couldn't see anything because newspapers were stacked up past the top of the windows (about 6 feet off the ground).

I did my entire route today while listening to nine inch nails in my right ear. I have 183 songs in the iPod. It was kinda fun. I felt like I was in the matrix or something.

barnyard

KTM rider
If someone is out, I'll say hi and maybe chat, otherwise I don't really look around all that much. I do not want to appear to be casing a place and I am truly not interesting in what others have. I have set things in a garage and never saw that there was somewhere in there, because I did not look around.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I do the investigating without even thinking about it.

A few years back I met a family from my delivery area but I was at a party 2 hours away from there. Just out of conversation they mentioned where they were from and I asked their name. After the lady told me I described her house to the "T" including the smallest details and even her dog. She was extremely freaked out and asked how I knew all that. I said, "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm your UPS driver." I had only ever seen her once or twice since she was in sales and to her I was just a guy in a brown uniform.

Theking30

SHORTY
I do the investigating without even thinking about it.

A few years back I met a family from my delivery area but I was at a party 2 hours away from there. Just out of conversation they mentioned where they were from and I asked their name. After the lady told me I described her house to the "T" including the smallest details and even her dog. She was extremely freaked out and asked how I knew all that. I said, "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm your UPS driver." I had only ever seen her once or twice since she was in sales and to her I was just a guy in a brown uniform.

This is fun

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
A cougar is like 45 or older as I always forget my age which is older than 40, funny how you forget how old you are sometimes huh? Not a bad thing dude lol.

LOL...45, I got this 60ish gal on my route who looks not a day older than 35 and she has these 30 something boy toys pawing all over her. She is hot though, like a Loni Anderson or Suzanne Somers kinda hot!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
LOL...45, I got this 60ish gal on my route who looks not a day older than 35 and she has these 30 something boy toys pawing all over her. She is hot though, like a Loni Anderson or Suzanne Somers kinda hot!
Lonnie Anderson, WKRP in Cincinnatti, I sweated her in that show for real, nice dude lol. Like I said I guess I cant really say 45 anymore, more like 50 I guess. A sexy older woman is pretty hot though. 1 great perk about this job that's for sure, and I freakin love it dude lol.