Anyone else done the recent DIAD training?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Jackburton, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

If you haven't take a gander. Long story short, a new service involving bringing a package such as a modem, repacking on the spot, relabeling and reshiping, all at the time of delivery. Dishnetwork boxes are gunna make this a very Merry Christmas.

2. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Relax! IE has it figured out and you will be allowed 4.7 seconds.

3. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

Every one of these packages will pack perfectly and quickly, every time.

4.7 seconds will be plenty. Plus you should be saving yourself time by packing it on the walk back to the car.

4. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Using the same formula when EDD was introduced, that should equal 5 stops I'll get taken off my dispatch then.

5. iruhnman630

and no driver will ever be held responsible for damage or missing contents due to failure to work as directed, ie pack properly.

6. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

We had that training today, it had about 38 screens to read. Something about merging the delivery tracking number to the RS tracking number. Supposedly the customer should be standing at the door anxiously waiting to swap out something on the spot. The driver has to decide to open the box, swap the item, repack it, attach the RS label and enclosed customs documentation if any. I didn't see anything about what to do if the consignee isn't ready. You have to make the exchange on the spot, you can't leave the box. It reminds me of the Merchandise Exchange program in the 80's when we tried to swap home phones. That didn't last very long.

7. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Hopefully this won't last that long either.

8. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Anyone got any tape? Oh nevermind, I'll use this tacky substance on the back of this label, it should hold right?

9. Brownsfan

Brownsfan Active Member

dislike

10. Brownsfan

Brownsfan Active Member

sounds like another loser creative way to try and prevent future stops. There will be mad delays.

11. happyboy

happyboy Member

I hate the dish network call tags I already have to deal with, This sounds stupid!

12. iruhnman630

me: 'Hello. I'm here to pick up a package for DISH?'

customer: 'THere it is, hooked up to the tv.'

13. sherman22

sherman22 New Member

4.7 seconds seem awful generous for IE, more like 2.3.

14. DS

DS Fenderbender

We have a similar thing,where HP sends an empty box with everything needed to repack the laptop (including tape strip)
    I takes less than 2 minutes.

15. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

They leave the empty box sitting on the porch for weeks before we show up with a call tag, what the hell makes them think these people will be ready when I come to the door for an exchange?

16. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

Thats OK, I get paid by the hour. It will be great for guys who have had the lock in rides.

17. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

And, "Will you climb up on the roof and take my dish down?"

18. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

19. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Do I use the call tag or the RS label in the box?

20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

There will not be a call tag. It will be in EDD as a stop with an "X" in front of it. You would use the RS label in the box.