Anyone else getting handsy?

twoeddies1

MOFIY.jpg

say goodbye to all your delivery and preload woes with these gems

Lol are you going to be boxing?

CHALLY9TX

+1 on the batting gloves. Only use them for the winter. Thin enough to use the diad/thick enough to keep hands warm without them getting sweaty. Last me all winter.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Packmule

I always wear gloves these days. They are called Activarmr and are very thin with a sticky coating of rubber on them that grips well. Cost about $6.00 a pair and I usually get them at a hardware store. They also last a couple of months, darned good on this job. I run 2 pair a week and toss them In the wash cause they get a bit ripe from sweat. Still better than having the skin on the thumb joints dry out and start cracking. Gets pretty sore when that happens and is difficult to heal up cause you are still working everyday.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Back to the OP, the only time I get 'handsy' is when I try to rush my swing and release the club too early.

I played golf once. Tee'd off on the first hole and my ball landed somewhere on the green of hole 5. Some old guy got heated when I grabbed his ball thinking it was mine.

I was pretty awesome at driving the cart (Union Driver), though.

Sent using a Potato

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I started working for UPS in October of 1975 and have never worn gloves. We have mild winters in my area, so thats never been a real factor. I did have trouble getting a carrying permit last year, the fingerprint scanner had problems picking up my prints. I had to go to a local UPS Store down the street from the courthouse to do this and finally they put hand lotion on my fingerprints so they would scan. Maybe I have just about worn them off.

So, I've been using gloves most of my 4 months working in the hub package handling, but, with the heat it's fairly unbearable to have them broiling; so, I've started working without gloves. Looking at the state of numerous pairs of gloves, I thought my hands would be taking a bigger beating, but they seem alright. Anyone else work without gloves?

However, when I'm not working, my hands feel like I've got arthritis. Anyone else have problems with their hands hurting like that after work?

In addition, I was wondering what you can do with seniority. Like. If I'm being sent off to a different section of the hub, can I just say, "I don't want to go. Send one of the 1-2-3 monthers"?

If I'm going to the restroom, and a 2 monther is using a specific urinal that I usually use, can I just use my seniority to yank him off of it? Stuff like that.

What all can you do with higher seniority?
No.."yankin off".!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Always wear gloves in the winter, don't like them drying out and cracking and looking like I got FREDDIE KRUEGER hands lol. In the summer I don't wear gloves cause its not cold and they just get lil dry but I wash them a lot more in the summer and I don't like looking like one of those jackasses with tan arms and super white hands looking like a freak lmfao.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I don't like looking like one of those jackasses with tan arms and super white hands looking like a freak lmfao.

I'm not sure why but my hands hardly tan with the rest of me. Never do. I have pics from a cruise a few years back where I was more than tan (maybe burnt) and my hands still look like I was wearing gloves. Ridiculous.