Anyone else hate driving their own car?

M

Mike23

Anyone else hate driving on their time off or in their own car? I DESPISE my car. My girlfriend doesn't drive which means I drive everywhere all the time. I drive for a living and the last thing I want is to drive on my days off...Anyone else feel this way?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We both drive for a living. If we are doing local driving (grocery shopping, etc), I do most of it. If we are going out of town we take turns driving. No, generally speaking, we don't mind driving off the job.

helenofcalifornia

While the weekend is now spent mostly in recovery mode these days (due to ridiculously over dispatched routes!), when there is any driving to be done, I am behind the wheel. Control issue I guess, but I thought all UPS drivers were like this?

A

anonymous6

Anyone else hate driving on their time off or in their own car? I DESPISE my car. My girlfriend doesn't drive which means I drive everywhere all the time. I drive for a living and the last thing I want is to drive on my days off...Anyone else feel this way?

yup

MD Dan

Absolutely hate driving any distance(more than 20 mi), but as it turns out my hobby is autocross and it is an absolute ball to drive way beyond my abilities (safely) for 50 seconds at a time. I own a Miata for autocross and use soft compound race tires and the whole experience couldn't be more different from driving a UPS vehicle. So much fun to drive at 11/10ths and stretch yourself to find out how good you are at the absolute limits of your ability(I get beat down regularly). Check out Capitaldrivingclub.com.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I get tired of driving. My wife is borderline legally blind from an eye desease called RP (retinitis pimentosa), so she doesn't drive and can seldom work. I no longer have another driver to help drive on long trips. I drive 56 miles round trip to work and back on top of 100-115 average miles a day in a package car. I used to love to drive, but I have got to where I dread it. The only time it is enjoyable anymore is if I am driving somewhere I haven't been with different scenery.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I am always the Pilot unless I am super tired.

Absolutely hate driving any distance(more than 20 mi), but as it turns out my hobby is autocross and it is an absolute ball to drive way beyond my abilities (safely) for 50 seconds at a time. I own a Miata for autocross and use soft compound race tires and the whole experience couldn't be more different from driving a UPS vehicle. So much fun to drive at 11/10ths and stretch yourself to find out how good you are at the absolute limits of your ability(I get beat down regularly). Check out Capitaldrivingclub.com.

Gawd, I hate the idea of cone dodging. My buddies tried to get me to autocross for years. I skipped it and went straight for road racing. My first track was full course at VIR in an '88 CRX and I have been hooked since. I used to go at least once a year but with two kids and not enough time I have missed the last years. I've actually thrown the idea around of buying an early '90s 911 to go race with but not knowing if I would have the time hinders the decision. I don't fit in a Miata so that is out of the question.

MD Dan

The track calls but it is dangerous and expensive compared to autoX. One day at the track provides as much seat time as a whole season of AutoX but what do you do for the rest of the year? Also 1 day at the track costs as much as a whole season of autoX. Luckily, I don't have a rollbar on my miata so I can't track it without spending some money and time. You should consider Spec7(older rx7) racing if that is to your taste. I am told that it is cheaper even than spec miata racing. good luck. have fun!

I get tired of driving. My wife is borderline legally blind from an eye desease called RP (retinitis pimentosa), so she doesn't drive and can seldom work. I no longer have another driver to help drive on long trips. I drive 56 miles round trip to work and back on top of 100-115 average miles a day in a package car. I used to love to drive, but I have got to where I dread it. The only time it is enjoyable anymore is if I am driving somewhere I haven't been with different scenery.

From what we hear on the radio you`re doing more boating than driving down your way lately.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Whenever I'm out driving, I'm always wondering whats it like doing an area I'm not familiar with. I don't mind doing the bulk of the driving whenever we're out on a road trip, the only thing I "hate" is the physical part of the job.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Nope I like being out on the road. When I am not in my tractor I love to be on my Harley. I can't wait for the day I have more free time to be out on the road more :happy2:.