Anyone else really heavy the past 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by pkg-king, Apr 10, 2008.

1. pkg-king

pkg-king New Member

I've been going out with late November volume levels the past 2 weeks, I'm talking having containment issues 8 out of the past 10 days as well. Anyone else noticing a big bump in delivery volume?
  2. pkghumpr

pkghumpr Guest

Thats Impossible.........the Volume Is Down Lol
  3. looper804

looper804 Is it time to go home yet

Still running helper loads here on a daily basis.
  4. rod

rod retired and happy

No-- I'm just as busy goofing off as usual:wink2:
  5. 25yrvet

25yrvet New Member

I think alot of the country is catching up from some nasty floods and storms
  6. feeder53

feeder53 ADKtrails

Maybe when the tax rebate and the refunds are out, things will improve. I think the Gas prices may help package delivery as the people save the gas by shopping on the internet.
  7. Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk New Member

Lucky preloaders! I wish my center would use helpers, non peak 1 day of helping doubles my check.
  8. GoBrown???

GoBrown??? New Member

it's called volume is down so we cut 6 routes and passed it on to you. the wonderful thing passed down from i.e.

in my center there have been anywhere as 5 to 15 people sent home because of routes being cut
  9. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Heck, I've been heavy for about 7 years now. I could stand to lose 50 pounds.
  10. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

I don't know I still pay alot to ship to my house,sometimes even more than what gas would cost me to drive to the mall. I laugh at my wife when she screams about shipping charges on something she gets off the web.
  11. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Cement, Moonwalk business slow this time of year? You will shed the pounds come summer.
  12. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Heavy? I don't know, what do you think? Last night 138 stops, 250 pkgs, about 110 miles, c/o 2050. Rural mostly res rte that I know very well. Our numbers, according to the drivers, have not dropped. Mgt, on the other hand, doesn't have the same opinion!!!!!!!! (OF COURSE)
  13. LKLND3380

LKLND3380 Active Member

Start times were pushed back to 4:40 and we pretty much have unload wrapped by 7:15 and waiting on a couple trucks plus airs. Starting with 1450 when we normaly have 1750

PAUPSER New Member

The three weeks has been slow for are center- they have a lot of people on call including myself
  15. longlunchguy

longlunchguy Runnin on Empty

We are starting to see lighter volume. Not lighter loads! We just cut 8 cars every day and slam the other 32 guys. Ten hour day yesterday, and my buddy spent the day at the unemployment office.
  16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

My volume has been exceptionally light this week--oh, that's right, I am on vacation!!
  17. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I am vacationing also. It is the perfect volume for me.

18. ImpactedTSG

ImpactedTSG New Member

I vote for the tax return thing. Are they all QVC boxes? :)
  19. ImpactedTSG

ImpactedTSG New Member

Did your center recently go PAS? PAS is designed to distribute packages on-demand as the sort is going on. The goal is to have 20 fully loaded cars as opposed to 25 cars that are not at full capacity. Less fuel, less mileage, and less to pay drivers. It's all about cramming 10 pounds of poop in a 5 pound bag.

PAUPSER New Member

we have had the psa system for about 3 years or so.