Anyone else seeing a HUGE increase full time jobs?

Johney

You ask some very good questions; however, the simple fact is that these new hires will fall under the provisions of the new contract, which include the four year progression.
How do you know this? Crystal Ball? Magic 8 Ball? Or just Upstates never ending wisdom? (j/k with the last one).

oldngray

nowhere special
They can only wait so long before hiring so eventually UPS has to bite the bullet and hire people whether they want to yet or not.

scoutlover

This is why I made my comment about hiring right now. I just can't believe they would allow so many to go on at the old progression rate when it's so close to the 4 year one.

Sent using BrownCafe App

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Just seems dirty that the master contract is ratified but UPS could pick and choose what it wants to implement until the supplements get ratified. If these new drivers get screwed over for that extra year, I would be extremely disappointed in our union leadership.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just seems dirty that the master contract is ratified but UPS could pick and choose what it wants to implement until the supplements get ratified. If these new drivers get screwed over for that extra year, I would be extremely disappointed in our union leadership.

Aren't they starting at a higher rate than in the 3 year progression? Wouldn't each of the steps in the progression be at a higher rate? Yes, the 4th year sucks, but isn't it a better deal in the long run?

Sent using BrownCafe App

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Aren't they starting at a higher rate than in the 3 year progression? Wouldn't each of the steps in the progression be at a higher rate? Yes, the 4th year sucks, but isn't it a better deal in the long run?

Sent using BrownCafe App

I think it is possible but keeping top rate away for that extra year would mean a decrease in total earnings over 4 years. UPS would have to be making out if they pushed that 4th year.
I just don't have the math in front of me.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Companies are coming back to New York. Google StartUpNY.

Some many hoops to jump through, and so many restrictions, plus people who run these companies pay taxes too. It will work to some extent, but no, you will continue to see NY-NJ job loss and population drop. Next will be Wall Street. I can really see Austin chip away at this. Once they go, it is over!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It will work to some extent, but no, you will continue to see NY-NJ job loss and population drop.
The last few new sub-divisions built on my area are full of people who moved from New York to escape taxes. Some of them told me their property taxes were higher than their mortgage note.

BrownTexas

Our center added 3 full timers in December and just hired 3 more with 3 in training. And there are talks of more. We have 1 Tcd because of all this going to full time.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We are hiring 7 and we have fired three. We are wondering who goes driving next, and who gets fired next. I dont see why they need to hire more, when they constantly cut routes and send people home.
They also asked who had plans to retire, that may have some input into how many are hired. The pt air drivers dont want it, and the ones that do IMO should not even try.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Where hiring like crazy, already gone through the part timers on list to drive and now hiring off the street. One of the part timers was only hired three months ago and know he is going for his 30days.

BUCN85

Yes we are 2 now 4 more in sept and then 6-7 seasonal for peak

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What I hate to see is the ptimers get in their 30, then laid off every day til peak. Except for occasional vacation coverage.