Anyone else warning customers?

hypo hanna

I'm telling the ones I like the truth....That we aren't ready for peak and they probably shouldn't commit too much of their freight to fedex. Also if they are going to have extra volume, they better call it in extra early in the day or risk it not going out.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm telling the ones I like the truth....That we aren't ready for peak and they probably shouldn't commit too much of their freight to fedex. Also if they are going to have extra volume, they better call it in extra early in the day or risk it not going out.

I've just been telling mine to order early and don't have ANY expectations for Christmas week, whether from us, Ground or UPS.

barnyard

KTM rider
don't have ANY expectations for Christmas week, whether from us, Ground or UPS.

That is it, right there.

It is really irritating that UPS and FE have not made public statements that there are no guarantees the week of Christmas. Retailers are advertising it, UPS and FE should be saying, "About that, probably not gonna happen."

oldngray

nowhere special
I got junk mail from USPS today that stated the last day to ship for each level of service. UPS and FedEx need to similarly set firm deadlines and stick to them.

rod

Retired 22 years
I found out years ago that warning people to not wait until the last minute to ship their stuff was a waste of breath. I'm not usually "this" type of person but I found it rather gratifying to tell people their stuff wasn't going to arrive before Christmas and listen to the classic "OH NO---IT HAS TOO!!!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That is it, right there.

It is really irritating that UPS and FE have not made public statements that there are no guarantees the week of Christmas. Retailers are advertising it, UPS and FE should be saying, "About that, probably not gonna happen."
I don't know about UPS, but FedEx won't.

Fred's afraid of losing a nickel's worth of revenue. He's addicted to keeping the money he gets for a premium service only to provide lousy sub-standard service instead. Merry effin' Christmas!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't know about UPS, but FedEx won't.

Fred's afraid of losing a nickel's worth of revenue. He's addicted to keeping the money he gets for a premium service only to provide lousy sub-standard service instead. Merry effin' Christmas!

You are correct, Sir!!!! Mr. Smith has zero conscience, just overwhelming greed. To call him an :censored2: is being far too nice.

I just read that UPS is hiring 95000 seasonal employees after realizing that last year didn't go so well. FedEx is basically doing...nothing.

Eff you, Fred!!!! And your Kool-Aid drinking minions too.

Last edited:

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Yesterday and today I saw more UPS trucks on my route than ever before. Apparently, they're sending handlers out to do easy dels. or, at least, be runners. Smart.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yesterday and today I saw more UPS trucks on my route than ever before. Apparently, they're sending handlers out to do easy dels. or, at least, be runners. Smart.

Yep. Runners and rentals all over the place. They're going to do just fine this year, because they aren't afraid to spend money wisely. Fred just likes the cash to come in, and then tells the disappointed customers, "Sorry, but our money-back guarantee doesn't apply because we have an escape clause". Too bad, I've got your revenue.

Dumb.

bbsam

Staff member
We're so epically screwed it's funny. Two days before peak really hits and 70% of contractor are already in over their heads. The company is still trying to put forth a calm front. Nobody is believing it.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
We're so epically screwed it's funny. Two days before peak really hits and 70% of contractor are already in over their heads. The company is still trying to put forth a calm front. Nobody is believing it.
wow, now that you've said it, I actually believe it.

As much as it seems that UPS is tryin I think we are all screwed anyway. The instant gratification and entitlement generation is upon us. Everyone will wait until the last minute an completely overwhelm all shipping companies.

bbsam

Staff member
wow, now that you've said it, I actually believe it.

As much as it seems that UPS is tryin I think we are all screwed anyway. The instant gratification and entitlement generation is upon us. Everyone will wait until the last minute an completely overwhelm all shipping companies.

If that's the case, maybe X is actually doing the smart thing.

whenIgetthere

I have seen at least a dozen different UPSer's in golf carts on my route the last month or so. UPS is serious about fixing last years disaster, we aren't.

Motown

UPS is showing that it at least is trying.recently in my area we have won back some medium shippers who went with Ground.It's nice to see all the new drivers and trucks.It's encouraging now if they'll use all these assets in a smart way remains to be seen.
I've seen it on this site and have read it other places that UPS is going to charge more as it gets closer to christmas as well as turn away work.This may deter shippers from promising next day air on the 23rd.That being said I think in the very near future you will see both UPS and Fedex delivering on Christmas day.I truly think both companies feel there is money left on the table by not offering a premium for delivering on Christmas day

watdaflock?

I just read that UPS is hiring 95000 seasonal employees after realizing that last year didn't go so well. FedEx is basically doing...nothing.

What you read was inaccurate.
The 95k seasonal helpers for UPS has been mentioned across the news media but so is Fed Ex bringing in 50k seasonal helpers.