Anyone ever had these things happen?

PhaQfreddy

Our new normal here is they post schedule monday; friend.o rte, unpaid break, PT pup rte. Tuesday; not scheduled, wed- maybe 7.5 hrs same Thursday and Friday. Not scheduled Sat. The kicker is come Friday when they realize they don't have STR covered, they tell you.... You were off Tuesday because your working STR. It was on the managers schedule not 1 yall see. They try to keep us swings off during week and make some or all work STR, operational needs blah blah.
Or....Better story I had 3 personal days scheduled Wed, Thur & Fri. Guy asked me if I wld cover his rte Friday so I did not take Friday as Pday, last week manager asked if I still wanted the other days. I said i do unless you have something for me to cover for more than 8 hrs. The schedule was posted had me working Monday 11hrs, Tuesday 11hrs, not scheduled Wednesday (trying to give me lwop instead of Pday) scheduled off all day Thursday, covering guy rte i agreed to do to help him looking at schedule i assume they did not need me so i made plans (5letter bad word). Ok the Tuesday before my Pdays start i get a text: "reminder your working 6hrs Wednesday and Thursday. I said no I have PDays. And explained manager what i explained to him week before. Got no reply. My manger text me about working W&Thur. I explained to him again. So i stayed home for Pdays. Friday I'm now on Saturday 11-13-13 schedule (11/15/13) is date but who has time to check a calendar. I'm down from 7:15-1630. Which wld be all OT (eww bad word). I ask manager he says no was error in schedule Wed was unpaid day (even tho vacation schedule n bid sheet says was personal. Am i wrong thinking they can not just change your scheduled Pday after to suite their budget? I turned in vacation time cards showing vacation days. But I still worked today marked as day off 6th day and schedule said scheduled off. Worked 6.5hrs and with Wednesday being paid hit 50hrs (miracle). Will find out if they dictate days off or falsify to save budget. Just wanted opinions of what to Do and see if anyone else got this treatment.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Call personnel.
One station in our district famously had 4 managers fired and a senior transferred and downgraded for doing this.
Employee called personnel, complained this had to be illegal and a big investigation ensued.
TSHTF the week after peak.

!Retired!

Personal, floaters and vacation changes must be in writing. If you have paperwork saying you're off a particular week/day and the managers try saying you're scheduled to work.....they better have something in writing from you stating it was ok to change it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
My district it happened too. They came in and fired the whole center driving supes and center manager for doing all the shady stuff they do every stinkin day.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
OP,
If I had sch. those Pdays off in writing and they got approved, I never would have started a switch-a-roo game with your mgr. or, your buddy.
Last time I gave a buddy a week off that I had sch. for vaca., I got hosed.

PhaQfreddy

Update.... I opened my check to see!!!! They magically didnt pay me for my personal day which also made the 6th day of work.... Not my 6th day. So i lost Pday and all overtime Saturday. Of course i have my bid sheet, and text to every manager at station telling them the day was a Pday and Saturday wld be overtime. Just to make sure nobody can say "i didnt know, or it was a mistake" the fact i turned in the time cards that are under lock and key at Sr manager desk and the 1 for that day vanished. And the fact that I was shorted about $200 in pay is enough to piss me off. I don't complain until you touch my wallet. I will contact HR and inquire on if manipulating my pay check to reach station goals for overtime reduction is still considered falsification. And I agree w who ever said not to switch days. Hell 4 years ago i did not any personal days. I bid on them during bid process got a sheet w no days and was told oh we are going to "re-bid" after station restructure. I got fooled and rebid the next year. I hope i add a few more shady managers to the unemployment line.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Update.... I opened my check to see!!!! They magically didnt pay me for my personal day which also made the 6th day of work.... Not my 6th day. So i lost Pday and all overtime Saturday. Of course i have my bid sheet, and text to every manager at station telling them the day was a Pday and Saturday wld be overtime. Just to make sure nobody can say "i didnt know, or it was a mistake" the fact i turned in the time cards that are under lock and key at Sr manager desk and the 1 for that day vanished. And the fact that I was shorted about $200 in pay is enough to piss me off. I don't complain until you touch my wallet. I will contact HR and inquire on if manipulating my pay check to reach station goals for overtime reduction is still considered falsification. And I agree w who ever said not to switch days. Hell 4 years ago i did not any personal days. I bid on them during bid process got a sheet w no days and was told oh we are going to "re-bid" after station restructure. I got fooled and rebid the next year. I hope i add a few more shady managers to the unemployment line.

Love the username. Shady managers are the norm these days. Screwing employees out of pay is encouraged by Memphis because they know most hourlies either won't catch it or don't have the cajones to confront management. I foresee another big lawsuit someday over this issue.

If Fred S could con his grandmother and get an extra penny of profit, he'd do it in a heartbeat. He's that kind of person, and he encourages similar behavior within his company.

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
A paid day off does not count towards ot no matter which day it is. or this is what I have been told

I just asked a manager. If you take a personal day during the week and work a 6th day, the 6th day is straight time. But if you take a vacation day or floater, the 6th day is OT.

This is what I have been told for YEARS.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Love the username. Shady managers are the norm these days. Screwing employees out of pay is encouraged by Memphis because they know most hourlies either won't catch it or don't have the cajones to confront management. I foresee another big lawsuit someday over this issue.
And everyone involved should be sent to the penitentury for it too.

Myort

I just asked a manager. If you take a personal day during the week and work a 6th day, the 6th day is straight time. But if you take a vacation day or floater, the 6th day is OT.

This is what I have been told for YEARS.

I ran into this situation several years ago. I foolishly came into work on a Saturday and found out later I did not get OT pay.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Does anyone else ever wonder whether there are REALLY all the lawsuits in California that FedEx tells us there are?

CA is a labor-friendly state, and they also take discrimination very seriously. If you've ever spent time there, they are very big on labor law, the environment, and don't take crap from big companies. The courts are also more liberal. All of this is the exact opposite of Right-To-Work states, where FedEx has a free hand to do pretty much as they please. That said, I have heard some whopper lies from management about "suits in CA" being the rationale for doing away with shift premiums, our idiotic timecard policies, etc. It's a standard line of BS, kind of like the " you'd have nothing to look forward to if we topped you out now" garbage.

Frankly, I'm glad there is at least one state that holds the "feet" of FedEx to the fire. The fact that FedEx always settles out of court on these deals means they are guilty, despite the standard claim that "we admit no wrongdoing and will vigorously defend ourselves in court". Innocent parties who know they haven't done anything wrong DO defend themselves in court, and win....not FedEx.

The best recent example is the Residential Overcharge Settlement. FedEx knowingly overcharged customers for years for residential fees, and internal documents prove that upper management had been told about it and continued the practice hoping they wouldn't get caught. Well, they did, and had to pay up.

FedEx is a corrupt organization, through and through. Every company probably has an unethical, dishonest element to it, but FedEx is just riddled with dishonest behavior, most of it designed to put more money in Fred's pocket. It's just the way weasel rat bastards do business.