Anyone ever pursued or know of anyone that has pursued a lawsuit vs UPS harrasment?

SWORDFISH

Ya Im fine, just really anxious. Off work due to ongoing harassment by the company. Im pursuing all lanes of action possible. We are fed up at our center w/ the treatment by management and I plan on doing something about it especially after the recent blowup that happend at my center that I have witnesses to. Im getting coporate UPS involved along w/ the union and a lawyer when I find one to talk to.

Where you on the confrence call Monday night 407? UPS agreed to back off so we intend on holding them to it. Im also going to work on getting phone numbers of stewards of other centers near me so we can get more powers in numbers. I am in Washington by the way

Returntosender

Re: Anyone ever pursued or know of anyone that has pursued a lawsuit vs UPS harrasmen

There is a tort law called intentional inflection of emotionl distress. Each state tort law varies. Dont foget about the staute of limitions, that is key management will play nice and for it to expire before the pressure starts again.

A

anonymous6

Re: Anyone ever pursued or know of anyone that has pursued a lawsuit vs UPS harrasmen

david vs goliath for sure.

just_a_number

I know of one in New England over a mil won and job back after 6 yrs....and I am currently lookin into one for violation of the ADA....

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

Ya Im fine, just really anxious. Off work due to ongoing harassment by the company. Im pursuing all lanes of action possible. We are fed up at our center w/ the treatment by management and I plan on doing something about it especially after the recent blowup that happend at my center that I have witnesses to. Im getting coporate UPS involved along w/ the union and a lawyer when I find one to talk to.

Where you on the confrence call Monday night 407? UPS agreed to back off so we intend on holding them to it. Im also going to work on getting phone numbers of stewards of other centers near me so we can get more powers in numbers. I am in Washington by the way

That has already gotten to us in the midwest as well. I was told the company says they never told anyone to act that way, just a few rogue managers. Yea right, we shall see!!

C

chuchu

If the answer is yes pm me. Thanks for responses in advance.

ps. Long time no see brown cafe, how is everyone?:peaceful:
We went to the City Law Director with our testimonies. We warned HR that it was coming but they failed to stop the violent actions of one sup in particular. Find a reputable one in the city where your Federal Court is. That will save you and the atty alot of time and great attys tend to gravitate to the area close to federal courts in your state. Hope your business agent isn't like ours was. We fought both sides to get anything settled. Violence in the workplace is a pretty broad subject anymore. Hammer down brother!

stixx337

I've filed on an On-Car Sup as a pt timer. It happened during a "talk with" or "verbal intimidation" session in front of a seasoned Steward. He went away while Security came down and investigated seeing if I'd keep it in- house, which I did.
I was fairly new and never understood why co-workers stood by and allowed clear contract violations and miss-treatment occur??
So, I filed on a Sup Working because I saw my brothers out on 12-13hr days well after peak and my pay and hours were cut as I was sent back pt.
Then came the the retaliation, extra work, constant audits, coming back from break finding a different Sup on your truck, observations, write ups for petty sh*+, etc..
Geez, I was red circled and had an un-wanted reputation now. Not good as a low seniority hourly.
The union from my local and a few out of state organizer brothers came down to our center to confront the issue with a show of force. The center manager almost crapped his pants the poor guy.
I was given a half arse appology by the on car sup who eventually was negotiated a returned.
I was given a full-time hourly job skipping 2 drivers who didn't sign bid. (I even reminded them it was up.)
So, choose your battles wisely my friend and remember.. the Law can give your job back and make you a little money even.. but UPS don't usually fire their mgrs or sups.
Only move 'em around per Law suggested proper training is met and eventually they're right back at your center.