Anyone have a send again budget this past Friday?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I get paid by the hour,and if they want me to go back i'm down with it! recording it Duplicate Stop dosent mean anything to me,as long as I get PAID

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What generally happens with crap like this is that some corporate bigwig who is trying to justify his job pulls a bright idea out of his ass and sends out an email to all the centers under his domain, who are then instructed to forward the message the drivers. If the instructions being given are truly idiotic, I just ignore them. There arent any management people left in the building to bitch at me by the time I get back at night anyway, and I am a master in the art of ducking out of PCM's early the following morning. By 9:00 AM, whatever meaningless quota I failed to meet the previous day has been long forgotten as the center is quickly overwhelmed by a fresh new set of self-inflicted crises, and the cycle repeats itself again.

iruhnman630

Looks like send-agains are the next big flavor. We got that one too.

The hilarious part is I had my worst send-again day in months! :smart::happy-very:

iruhnman630

This applies in the hood too?
Start knocking on neighbors' doors like an idiot.

One of my s.a.'s from Friday was for an inside apartment with a secured entrance connected to the resident's phones. The line I dialed on the intercom 3 times said 'line busy try again.' I'll be damned if I'm going to make random phone calls to each resident in the building hoping somebody would let me in. A few weeks ago I got yelled at for waking a sleeping baby while buzzing every apartment to get inside buildings and d.r. the package. Although most of the people were friendly and understanding and even glad to help, that one was embarrassing.

I don't do anything different on 'No Send Again' days then I would do any other day.

NI1

I have a customer that signed for her package and STILL claimed she did not get the package. I went there with the driver follow up with her signature on it and still said she did not get it.... And ups expects me to knock the neighbors door?

Then again, I'm just doing my job, if that what they want me to do then I'll do it as Instructed. I'll let them deal with the customers looking for their packages

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
When Telematics first got installed, they told me I had to "stay out of these residential driveways". I told them to go pound sand, and we kinda left it at that.

Now if they are going to tell me I have to go all the way back up to a place like this twice in one day...in order to meet some stupid send-again quota...I'm going to be telling them to pound sand again.

You cant make these people happy. Park the car and spend an hour hiking that bitch off and you show up on a Telematics report. Drive up there and back 4 times to get turned around, and you show up on a Telematics report. God help you if you break a mirror going up there, and now they want multiple attempts on a stop like this in the same day? What about ORION compliance? What if its dark and foggy or there is 3" of snow on the ground? Have the people who sit in cubicles and pull these bright ideas out of their asses ever even driven a package car or done our job? I'd love to have one of them on car with me for a day, they would gain a whole new perspective on what the real world of UPS is really like. 2 attempts at this address? They can kiss my ass.

PS sorry for the shaky picture, I clipped my iphone to my shirt in order to keep both hands on the wheel but the ruts and potholes knocked it a little crooked.
Long driveway 2 - YouTube

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It is what it is !!

Honestly, I don't want send-agains either but if I do, OH WELL

It shows you how 2-faced this company is. They spend 10's of millions on ORION to cut miles and save gas, but then will want you to redeliver send-agains which add miles and wastes gas.

​WORK AS DIRECTED is starting to sound meaningless now.

oldngray

nowhere special
My center manager jumped on my about having an international send again ( ground from Canada). Wasn't a safe DR. He must have had some initiative from above about internationals. He started going on and on about no international send agains were allowed. I asked him where was that in the methods? He continued ranting about leave it anyway? I told him I want it in writing he is directing me to DR that package in an unsafe spot. He refused of course and ranted some more but I just ignored him. Never heard about it from him again.

DougHeffernan

They call it Driver Release not OMS release, supervisor release or ups release for a reason.
Per article 10 section 1
We could be disciplined and subject to reimbursement for driver released packages valued over $100.

Until ups starts placing a label on each package to inform me of its value or have a supervisor release option I will continue using my best judgement in driver releasing of stops. Unless they give me written instructions like oldngray mentioned

Indecisi0n

When OMS tells me to release something that I wouldn't normally DR I just remark it "DR per XXX OMS." I normally take a picture of the message as well.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The best way to put an end to this nonsense is to Follow the Directions to the Letter. Last week i was told I was not,under any circumstances have more than 2 paid send agains.
I went to one house 3 times before i got a signature,and another stop 4 times( i have a fairly tight route) I also ran 2 misloads( got the message to 'do what it takes to make service') so hey I'll drive 20 miles round trip to make service CHA CHING!
Following day I was 2 and a half hours over. My supervisor and center manager were jumping up and down like the floor was on fire ,demanding I explain the Telematics report which showed me wandering like Moses did in the desert. I reminded them that I was working as directed and was told in the future to 'notify the center' before adding 30 miles to my route =).I ahd the hardest time keeping a straight face and not bursting into laughter
There really is no pleasing these people

Brokedownandbrown

Part of the balanced scorecard for Center Management. If one is requested to reattempt wait until the end of the day, otherwise ignore message and move along.
IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!