Anyone have experience regarding damage claims?

brett636

At the end of December I began piecing together a home theater surround sound setup and ordered two of the speakers from newegg.com. One of the speakers arrived damaged so I made a damage claim through newegg and was sent a replacement speaker. The way newegg described the damage claim was that UPS is now the owner of the damaged speaker and at sometime a damage call tag would be issued and the speaker picked up. This damage claim was made on December 22, and as of this posting this speaker is still in my garage taking up space with no indication anything is being done to pick it up. I've called newegg and they told me to just wait till it gets picked up, and I am wondering at what point do I give up and figure out something else to do with it. Do damage claims really take this long to process to get picked up? I've had literally hundreds of packages shipped via UPS and this is the first time I ever had a damage claim so I am not certain how long these things take, but I would like the space in my garage back so this thing has to go eventually. I just know that the day I finally do something with it is the day UPS is going to want to pick it up so I am not looking to have to pay for a 3rd speaker that I didn't need. Any suggestions?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Call newegg back and explain to them you will be turning the issue over to toys state attorney general as you wil be calling them Monday. I bet you'd be surprised with the speed with which they respond.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Call newegg back and explain to them you will be turning the issue over to toys state attorney general as you wil be calling them Monday. I bet you'd be surprised with the speed with which they respond.

The issue is not with newegg--he has the replacement speaker installed already. UPS is dragging their feet.

I still say bring the damaged speaker in and let them deal with it.

You tried twice. Your job is done. Leave it be for a while and then find something to do with it. If UPS ever does show up you can tell them it went back a long time ago.

JonFrum

Ask the appropriate person in the office at work to generate a second Damage Call Tag. Your speaker should be picked-up the next day. The original Damage Call Tag probably got lost in the chaos we like to call Peak. I'm surprised they sent you a replacement speaker without demanding to see the original speaker and packaging first, so they could nitpic and try to deny fault.

Ask the appropriate person in the office at work to generate a second Damage Call Tag. Your speaker should be picked-up the next day. The original Damage Call Tag probably got lost in the chaos we like to call Peak. I'm surprised they sent you a replacement speaker without demanding to see the original speaker and packaging first, so they could nitpic and try to deny fault.

Some places still have customer service.

UPSGUY72

At the end of December I began piecing together a home theater surround sound setup and ordered two of the speakers from newegg.com. One of the speakers arrived damaged so I made a damage claim through newegg and was sent a replacement speaker. The way newegg described the damage claim was that UPS is now the owner of the damaged speaker and at sometime a damage call tag would be issued and the speaker picked up. This damage claim was made on December 22, and as of this posting this speaker is still in my garage taking up space with no indication anything is being done to pick it up. I've called newegg and they told me to just wait till it gets picked up, and I am wondering at what point do I give up and figure out something else to do with it. Do damage claims really take this long to process to get picked up? I've had literally hundreds of packages shipped via UPS and this is the first time I ever had a damage claim so I am not certain how long these things take, but I would like the space in my garage back so this thing has to go eventually. I just know that the day I finally do something with it is the day UPS is going to want to pick it up so I am not looking to have to pay for a 3rd speaker that I didn't need. Any suggestions?

I would bet that newegg hasn't made a claim yet. Making a claim is just like getting a call tag it should only take 1 day. You do know that you need to have the box the speaker came in and everything that was in the box in order for the claim to be processed by UPS.

Bringing the package to your UPS building without a claim tag isn't going to get the process going any faster UPS can't do anything now untill newegg makes a claim it been to long. I would call newegg and ask for the tracking number for the claim the put in.

brett636

New egg is a company that i can't say enough good things about. They have gone above and beyond in this situation, and have really exceeded my expectations. I have built two computers from parts purchased exclusively from New egg and will continue to do so as they have always had good prices and fantastic customer service. With that being said I am with everyone here that this problem has more to do with UPS than with New Egg. I guess my next course of action may be to have to stop by the center that covers my home since it is based in the building i work in and have a chat with the center manager, and perhaps it will get this issue fixed.

Use it for a garage speaker, they had their chance to claim it. It would just be tossed in the trash anyhow!

While I am not opposed to finding another use for it I have only paid for the two good speakers that i now use, and don't want a charge for a 3rd that I really don't need or for UPS to catch up with this situation and having LP getting involved making it into a federal case since technically this is supposed to be the property of my employer. Perhaps i am over thinking this, but I just don't care for the possibility of any future repercussions over this situation.

I would bet that newegg hasn't made a claim yet. Making a claim is just like getting a call tag it should only take 1 day. You do know that you need to have the box the speaker came in and everything that was in the box in order for the claim to be processed by UPS.

Bringing the package to your UPS building without a claim tag isn't going to get the process going any faster UPS can't do anything now untill newegg makes a claim it been to long. I would call newegg and ask for the tracking number for the claim the put in.

New Egg sent me an e-mail with an RMA number for this speaker, and every time I have discussed it with them they claim to just wait for UPS to do something. It is interesting that a process that should take one day as you state is going on for over a month now. As soon as I noticed the damage and reported it I reboxed the speaker and it has been taking up valuable floor space in my garage ever since.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have picked up damages 2 months after I delivered them. I would hold the speaker for 90 days. At 85 days, send New Egg an email reminding them that you still have the speaker, but you cannot store it anymore and at 90 days you are going to dispose of it. Make sure you let them know what day you are done storing it. Once you are past the 90 days, put it on Craigslist. You are going to have to pay to throw it away and if it is usable, you might get something out of it on CL.

Johney

Is it possible that UPS is dragging their feet in hopes that you(or any damage claim) will simply just throw away the box,packing and speaker away to avoid paying NewEgg for the speaker? I don't know, NewEgg is pretty big and ship a lot maybe they just pay their claims w/o inspection. I know I've tried to pick things up damaged only to be told I tossed that a while ago.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Brett, I have picked up damages the next day and also, sometimes weeks later. Hold on to it. I don't think it's a good idea to take it to your center directly without the call tag. About the time you do that, the call tag will show up and the speaker will be missing from the center. Just sayin....................... Murphy's Law and all. I would do as you suggested, talk to your center manager. That should get things moving.