Anyone have the RAISE taken for Health or Pension last Contract?

RealPerson

I think I read someone post that their Local took the raise or raises to fund health or pension.

Wondering if this did happen or not...

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I think I read someone post that their Local took the raise or raises to fund health or pension.

Wondering if this did happen or not...

I distinctly remember Upstate stating that his local took one half of their split raises to bail out their pension fund. This had to be voted on by the UPS membership in his local, as would any other raise diversions to H&W or pension funds at locals throughout the country.

stealstime

It happened in local 294. Took 2 years of raises to help with rehabilitation plan. All voted on it. I didn't vote for it, but it went through anyway! Looks as though our supplement is going to be horrible, but have to wait and see.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
It happened in local 294. Took 2 years of raises to help with. rehabilitation plan. All voted on it. I didn't vote for it, but it went through anyway! Looks as though our supplement is going to be horrible, but have to wait and see.

I'm out of 294 also. Have you heard or seen anything about our supplement? If the rumors I've heard are true. We need to over run the local

balland chain

I went to my local (71) meeting on Saturday.. They said it was a great contract and "they could not believe" what UPS has given us.. REALLY ! UPS has given us nothing.. We still have crappy insurance, and the same vague language in the contract that will all depend on how it is interpreted ! Getting a NO from me !! Hell, when you go buy a car do you accept the first price the salesman throws out there ?? Wake up !!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I went to my local (71) meeting on Saturday.. They said it was a great contract and "they could not believe" what UPS has given us.. REALLY ! UPS has given us nothing.. We still have crappy insurance, and the same vague language in the contract that will all depend on how it is interpreted ! Getting a NO from me !! Hell, when you go buy a car do you accept the first price the salesman throws out there ?? Wake up !!

Did u raise hell and argue with them?

A

anonymous6

Safeway drivers had this happen to them this year. 30 cents of a 35 cent pension increase went to healthcare instead. so you can see where we are headed with this.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Talked to a friend of mine in my old Local 177. They are voting whether or not to get hourly increases or to increase the pension $400.00 more, which would top out our pension at $4,100.00/month. I'm so glad I got out of this mess more than two years ago. I just turned 57.
We have routinely voted for some or all of our wages to go to the pension fund for at least the last two contracts.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Safeway drivers had this happen to them this year. 30 cents of a 35 cent pension increase went to healthcare instead. so you can see where we are headed with this.

​That is very short-sided ... hopefully UPSers have the sense to pay more for healthcare now rather than reduce their pension.